Chats & Hacks
Top tips and the place to discuss everything SMARTY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

[UPDATE] Coverage Checker and Network Status Checker

We have some exciting news for you! SMARTY has gone LIVE with our new and improved Coverage Checker and Network Status Checker.  How Can You Explore the New Coverage Checker? Simply head over to SMARTY.co.uk and click on the Coverage Checker Cov...

Featured_Post_Service_Updates@1x.png YulianK_0-1700663541514.png
YulianK by SMARTY Community Manager
  • 5 replies
  • 9 kudos

dongle

I have an unlocked dongle and a Smarty unlimited data sim. I put the dongle into my Lenovo laptop, but it doesn't show up on the list of networks to connect to. What am I doing wrong?

New sim

I previously had a smarty sim. I have now bought a new one as I didn't use the previous one. When activating new sim, it asks me to login in, which then brings up my old number. How do I activate new sim card with an existing email address 

EU roaming

Just joined Smarty. Went to set up roaming, got to step 5 then no idea what step 5 means but step 7 says to change APN. My APN already is mob.asm.net Not sure how that happens but does that mean I'm set up for EUroaming?

3G Switch off: forced upgrade to a 'new' device

I have a brand new (less than 3 months old) mainstream phone from a leading manufacturer, which is ‘future proof’ in the short to medium term. This new Moto, only released December 2021, has 2100, 1800 and 800MHz capability, is provisioned for WiFi C...

Resolved! renew my plan

I want to renew my plan each month using my credit card. How do I do this? 

Dodgy online dashboard

Gave my PAC to SMARTY before 4pm last Friday (28th July). Online dashboard said number would be transferred on Tuesday (1st August) - when I queried this with the web chat team, told number transfer would be completed on Monday (31st July).I had expe...

Chalkychap by SMARTY Trendsetter
  • 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Can’t dial some numbers

I have just switched to Smarty and now I can no longer call my landline. Yesterday on my old sim it was fine but not today, everyone else in my household can call the landline but on smarty it does not let me. I can call other landline numbers. Does ...

Mifi / Smarty SIM planning

I'm a noob in the Smarty community, so please excuse my inexperience! I have a month gap between broadband providers. I have Airbnb guests staying in this period, so I have to find an interim solution for them to freely access internet for work, acce...

Referral link with existing SIM card

I have a SIM card that I wish to give to a friend. I also wish to give them my referral link. How do they sign up using the referral link and also the sim card I give? Thanks

VoIP services

I would like to have a virtual land line number linked to my phone for my business, I looked online can't see if smarty do it, Vodafone dose it, thanks

Resolved! Smarty Data SIMs - Inbound network connections permitted?

I've not yet tried a Smarty Data-only SIM, but I'm wondering if anybody can confirm if they will allow incoming TCP connections from the internet (before I order one)?I tried to do this with a Smarty voice SIM, but found that inbound connections were...

PORT number to new SIM added to existing group?

I have just moved over to SMARTY and have got my account and ported my old number it all works.  I now want to add new Smarty SIMS to the group.  I have added a new SIM for a child and want to PORT across her number but there was no option to do this...