cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No upload speed 4g ee mini hub

Danielh_2828230
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I've just got an unlimited data sim from smarty and activated my sim.

I've put it in my 4g ee mini router and on my phone speed test I'm getting 10mb/s download speed but no upload speed?

On my tv I'm only getting 1mb download speed?

Is there any settings I need to change on my router?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Danielh_2828230 Forgive me if I sound dumb here. The phone speed test - are you using wifi from the mini router? How are you measuring download speed on the TV?

Hi,

Yes the phone is connected to the mini hub for the speed test but fails when it tries the upload section.

On the tv test it is connected to the wifi using my nvidia shield and I am getting 1mb download speeds

@Danielh_2828230  Can you try a speed test when the phone is using mobile data? This will indicate if perhaps the Smarty/3 signal is not strong in your area or perhaps not stable.

This is one of the reasons why Smarty suggest not trying to use mobile data to replace home broadband.

I will try the sim in my phone after work and see run a speed test that way.

I was getting a more stable connection last night that allowed me to watch a movie on netflix without constant buffering.

@Danielh_2828230 That may indicate congestion on the mast at some points. As I recall, TV streaming needs 2Mb minimum.

Sounds like you do not use smarty in your phone then. This is also why you need to check coverage and network status before signing up - it may be that your property does not get a good stable signal.

I did check online with the signal checker and it said it was a good stable connection indoors and outside, that's why I thought I would try and see if I could use it as a stop gap in my new property until I get broadband or if I needed it.

@Danielh_2828230 Fair enough then. Can you try the router/hub nearer to a window?