cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU roaming not working

LaurenS_2643774
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Any tips for getting EU roaming to work on an iPhone? I have followed the steps suggested on the smarty website (going to mobile data network and changing the mobile data/MMS APN to mob.asm.net. Roaming is switched on. I’ve re-started the phone a few times. 

i still have no internet. I specifically bought this plan because it said EU roaming was included, so quite annoyed that it’s not working! Currently limited to wifi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@LaurenS_2643774  Worth checking the you do have mobile data roaming turned on in the phone settings.

If you cannot get service on a network, worth changing to manual network selection in your settings and then trying each in turn to see if any is better.

Don't forget the 12GB limit while roaming and also 60 day limit.

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

Have a look at "KeepGo" travel eSIMs, where any purchased data does not expire, as long as you top up a minimum of just $3 per year, which in your case, would seem to meet your needs well.

Katrina_1423832
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Ridiculous that Smarty cannot get its systems working for iPhones. I am having the same problems as you. 

@Katrina_1423832  Why do you assume that it is Smarty's fault? When roaming, you are relying on one of the networks in the country you are in.