cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to make outgoing calls

DanielD_1707217
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My data works, I can receive texts but i can not make outgoing calls, been more than a day and no response from help and while there is a "active" help I am unable to raise a new one and no one is even viewing the request for update and fix that i have sent.

11 REPLIES 11

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DanielD_1707217  See reply on other post please.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps consider making a complaint, @DanielD_1707217

Do this online from https://smarty.co.uk/complaints.  

yeah i did, after 3 days of smarty "customer service" nonsense telling me to restart my phone.
I know what the problem is now (see other posts I responded to) it wont do anything but i can then take it to the watchdog then small claims.

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Thatโ€™s odd - You have data, so can access the mobile internet, you are receiving texts but cannot make calls ? 

You obviously have coverage, otherwise you wouldnโ€™t be receiving texts and be able to use the mobile internet connectivity. 

Have you somehow restricted outgoing calls in your phoneโ€™s settings ? 

What phone is it ?

No I believe its a bad rollout of Volte my phone is volte capable but smartys implemented version doesnt work with my phone. Alot of people are having this issue and smarty are doing nothing about it other than telling you to file a complaint. Im just gonna do 1 pass at complaints then contact the watchdog for breach of consumer rights as they didnt bother informing customers they were modifying there network. Once the watchdog replys i'll take it to small claims, it'll be worth a few hundred for consumer rights act breach.

@DanielD_1707217 Please see reply on your other post.

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

HI @DanielD_1707217 
This seems to be a theme recently with SMARTY! I replied to another post with the EXACT same problem โฌ‡๏ธ

I have the exact same problem as you (in Derby)!
Sometime between 17/04/24 (the last time I received a call on my phone) and 01/05/24 when my Mum tried to call me, and she couldn't get through, this happened to me.  I noticed something was wrong only when she informed me that she couldn't call me on my mobile (she called my landline after not being able to connect) and that was when I found that I also couldn't make outgoing calls and got the 'calling....' with no dialling noise when I tried to use my phone. I tried calling 'home' when I was 4 miles away and still had the same thing happening, just in case it was engineering works on the mast closest to my home.
I contacted the web chat today and spent over 3 hours going through one thing after another (after waiting over 40mins for someone to help) from taking out the sim, trying another phone, checking my APN details, 4G enabled etc, etc, etc and nothing changed.
I was also initially told that there was 'engineering work in my area', even though the network status checker stated there wasn't, and this was then ignored as a reason when I questioned it.
I also asked about the 'SIM Card Status' details (on my phone) that state:-
Mobile Network State - Disconnected
IMS Registration Status - Not Registered
and again, this was talked around and I wasn't given an answer as to what this meant, what could cause it and if this was something wrong at their end.
I am reclusive so my phone only ever 'moves' when I answer a call or it needs charging so no 'rattling around in a handbag', no 'dropping it', no 'poor reception' etc, also there has been no change in the 'Settings' as it has worked fine for a long time now 'as it is' so there was no need to even look to change them and so I really don't understand HOW my phone has stopped working!

In the end I was advised to request a replacement SIM, which I have done, but I didn't realise it suspended my account as it is only set up for 'stolen phones' rather than a 'SIM no longer working' replacement (I could still text and use the internet on the 'broken' SIM) and you still have to pay for NOT being able to use the services.  
It is impossible to find out where on the website you can order a replacement SIM (I did a search here on the Community page and found a post with a link to it) and you then have to activate the new SIM, when received, and again there is no easy way to find out how to do this on the website.
I have had nothing to grumble about before now with regards to SMARTY in the 7+yrs of using their services and always thought they were value for money but knowing this is not just a 'me' problem now makes me question as to whether it really is the SIM that is broken or if it is a wider issue that SMARTY doesn't want to own up to (3G switch off )?!?!?!? If it is a SMARTY things I will be ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ 

From this post and others on here..... I DON'T have a corrupt SIM... it's something to do with the network!!

Smarty modified there network to 4G volte, my phone is compatible but i guess smarty are using a proprietary version that only works with specific phones. Basically smarty have not informed us then modified there network but kept taking the money. file a complaint, if they dont offer a full refund immediately then just ignore them and take the matter to the watchdog and once they reply you can file a small court claim, speak with citizens advice regarding them modifying there service without informing customers and you'll be able to claim around ยฃ200-ยฃ300 in compensation.
*source My brother who's a county court solicitor*

Michael_1896022
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi, I also have exactly the same problem. I'm also in the Derby area. I have been able to make calls sometimes when away from home. It seems to me that this is a SMARTY or 3 problem.

@Michael_1896022 Quite a lot of reports on this issue in the last couple of days.

Smarty modified there network to 4G volte, my phone is compatible but smarty are using a proprietary version that only works with specific phones. Smarty have not informed us then modified there network but kept taking the money despite not being able to offer the service you paid for. file a complaint, if they dont offer a full refund immediately then just ignore them and take the matter to the watchdog and once they reply you can file a small court claim, speak with citizens advice legal rep regarding them modifying there service without informing customers and you'll be able to claim around ยฃ200-ยฃ300 in compensation.
*source My brother who's a county court solicitor*