cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

UK government emergency alert

HCarterSmith
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I didn't get any alert today. I've got an S10 with OS 12 for Android. I've got the Emergency Alert Notification switched on in settings so i don't know why I and the rest of my family who also use Smarty, didn't get anything. I was disappointed I didn't recieve a message but also worried for if there is an actual Emergency, I won't know unless other people from other networks inform me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi all,

Following the emergency alerts test on Sunday, weโ€™ve been working with the government and have identified a technical issue that meant some of our customers didnโ€™t receive the alert. This morning (24th of April) our engineers deployed a fix meaning there will be no issue with future alerts.

View solution in original post

85 REPLIES 85

JoRo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I didn't receive the alert. I'm not sure whether this was due to it not being transmitted over the Three network or because I was using wifi calling at the time. 

WalterV_1368935
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

With iphone8 also no emergency alarm. They should repeat the test to see if the changes have worked. 

LianneG_1808124
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hi everyone is getting theses emergency service alerts if u aint got them switched on then u wont get the alerts 

Hello @LianneG_1808124 Turns out that there was a problem with 3 Network generally as I understand. The alert was not repeated as intended.

Hope they manage to sort it out before they need to use it for real ๐Ÿ˜ณ

matrix11001
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I got the alert on my watch but not my phone for some reason. 

Donna081417
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

For some strange reason l got it twice within 3 days of each other ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ