Phone calls from mobile to mobile

KeithGr_2097183
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@KeithGr_2097183 I think that the Spanish Network would not know where the number was registered without a country code. As I understand, the only time you don't need a country code is if you are dialling within the same country.

I notice that the network provider services for Smarty saved in my phone all start with +44 - presumably to allow for me to call them while roaming?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@KeithGr_2097183 I think that the Spanish Network would not know where the number was registered without a country code. As I understand, the only time you don't need a country code is if you are dialling within the same country.

I notice that the network provider services for Smarty saved in my phone all start with +44 - presumably to allow for me to call them while roaming?

Thanks I seem to agree ๐Ÿ‘ 

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Reading between the lines, as your post isnt that clearly written, YES, if dialling internationally back to the UK, you have to dial 0044 from a mobile or landline or +44 from a mobile.

For example :

07906 463 xxx

becomes 

+44 7906 463 xxx

Its actually good practice when adding numbers to your contacts to add the +44 prefix anyway, to make international dialling as easy as it can be.

Donna081417
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I went to Spain with my parter and was able to ring him without +44 when he nipped back to the room and l wanted to ask him to grab something