Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Network Issue] Service Update

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

1000012019.png

We are aware of an issue with our network and our engineers are working to fix this as quickly as possible.

This issue could affect data, calls and text services.

We are sorry if you've been impacted by this, please check back here for updates.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DelDeeSmartE
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Good morning, all services should now be fully restored. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and if you are still experiencing any problems, reach out to our customer support team. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Some customers may still be experiencing intermittent issues with our network. Our engineers are working hard to fix it and we apologise sincerely for the inconvenience this is causing

View solution in original post

95 REPLIES 95

RyanWhi_1624229
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

My network. Has gone down again I need this for work I carnt not go without it is essential can we have a update on what's happening please thank you 😊

Alex_SM
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Network down in Stoke on Trent. Working from home, connection just dropped. Interestingly enough, got ID mobile on my phone and it works fine (currently connected via hotspot). Any ideas what is going on? 

wemyss0607
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

No network in Glasgow G81, this has been going on for a few days now and affecting our business. I'd like to know what is happening to improve future issues as this is creating problems within our business and I'm looking at other providers now. It's great having a very reasonable sim only plan, though it's not worth it if no one can get network service.

Is there any update on "the issues" today? 

There is a lack of communication, even through X [Twitter] would be great.

funkysnow
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

All advice is to check the website - but I can't see any information about when the network problems will be resolved???  And the web chat bot is useless...

Also the irony of registering to post this, requiring a text verification code, when the network doesn't work... Having to use my girlfriends data so I can login via an email... Surely there should be a better way to be able to contact customer services???

@funkysnow I don't think they really know when it will be sorted - I wonder if that is maybe because they are not actually sure what has broken?

The reason that you can only contact Support Team via web chat is that it keeps costs down not having a full customer service team answering the phones - hence you get a cheaper end product.

I wish I could use the webchat, but my Smarty app keeps crashing. I am just going to assume from the conversations here that I just need to wait it out. 

ClaudiaO_206853
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Monday 12th and I still have intermittent data connection issues with 4g dropping out completely for much of today. Also no access to voicemail and unable to send or receive texts. I checked the Three network which still says it has issues they are working on. I presume this is still affecting Smarty. 

JonnyW
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

There seems to be some inconsistency in the information currently being reported in your Network Status Checker — you're "aware of an issue", but your "system hasn't reported any network issues".

smarty.jpg

@JonnyW  I get a sense of people running around like headless chickens trying to sort out a disaster from their perspective.

ShaunMa_1953642
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Is there any resolution to the network outage. Its now been five days with no mobile signal unless I dont leave home. How is that mobile? Sorry if I sound entitled, but I need my mobile as a point of contact for medical conditions so please understand my frustration. Will their be any compensation as I'm paying for a months data and so far five days without it.

@ShaunMa_1953642 I notice that the warning header on the coverage Checker and Network Status pages has disappeared; that looks like the problem has been sorted.

If you still have issues, I suggest checking those two pages first. Did you have good service in the area before the 'problems'? Are you saying that you have a mobile signal at home - is that broadband wifi?

It seems that not everybody was affected and so it may be difficult to work out compensation. Assuming that you had a £20 per month plan and lost service for 5 days, you could expect a refund of around £3.33 (based on 30 day month).

Krzyszt_2279389
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Screenshot_20240217-171020.png

MsTeniz_1445498
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

it is 2' in the morning and these are the only hours (2am-9am) i get internet connection otherwise i cant even post a comment here to tell you i have next to no connection morning until past my bedtime.noticed no one else has commented in this post in a few days so assuming your problems are fixed? mine aren't .

i have 

my average speed is below 1 mbps .

NoelGin_2165538
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

18 hours I could have put up a new post for in that time

Armilia_2448730
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I still face intermittent problems ! do you know when this will be solved? thank you