cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short codes!

Michael_1932266
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Amazingly, Smarty have awarded me five badges for continuously complaining about the failures to provide access to short codes. I don’t mind not being able to vote on Strictly, but not being able to report to Transport Police, for mine and others safety…

3 REPLIES 3

Decembersangel
SMARTY Spark
SMARTY Spark

👏👏👏Congratulations @Michael_1932266 !! 🎉🎉🎉🤣🤣🤣
Many of us have been complaining about the EXACT same thing for a long time now 😤🙄
It's not just limited to competitions anymore as so many other companies/services now use short codes as their contact number i.e. doctors / hospitals / internet providers / energy companies etc and YET Smarty are still to do anything about it!
I don't think any Smarty customer should hold their breath with regards to this being sorted any time soon as in the >4yrs I have been with them their FAQ on this subject has always stated 'we are working on it'🙄😶
I think, personally, if they don't pull their finger out of their 🍑 and get it sorted then they will be losing a LOT of customers to providers that are of equal value and allows the use of short codes. I'm sure this will be sooner rather than later as more and more companies use them now.
😴 you lose Smarty!!

I recently moved from 3 to Smarty and have just discovered this "fault" with their network.  I could not authorise a bank transfer for a car purchase this morning.  Has caused me no end of problems!

SORT YOURSELVES OUT SMARTY.

@AndrewA_2529326 This has been discussed at length for a very long time. Unfortunately, Smarty have shown no signs of immediately moving to supporting short codes. No reason has been given, but presumably there is some cost involved.