cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upgrade to 60GB for £10 plan? (From 30GB for £10 plan)

fuzzy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I'm currently on 30GB for £10 plan (it resets in 10 days).
When I login the dashboard displays an offer to upgrade to 60GB for £10.
When I click on the "Upgrade now" button it takes me to a page that
tells me the plan I'm currently on and offers other plans - but not the
60GB for £10 plan! I'm confused!

When my plan resets in 10 days will it be to the 60GB plan?
If not, how do I upgrade to that plan?

Thanks, fuzzy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I think it goes on to say if you're an eligible existing customer, you need to use their online web chat to upgrade - good luck @fuzzy

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps the double data offer of 60GB for £10 is for new customers only, not existing ones.

Your best option might be to start a web chat (https://smarty.co.uk/contact/), so the agent can take a look at your SMARTY account - good luck @fuzzy

fuzzy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right, it's likely only for new customers :-(. If so, it's sad as I thought SMARTY was different. Anyway, it's getting too complicated, having to read Ts & Cs etc, so I'm reverting to 12GB for £8 plan. I been intending to spending less time online anyway. 

Thanks again for your help, fuzzy

fuzzy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Actually no, looks like that's not right! The 60Gb for £10 plan is available for existing users (if I've read the following correctly)...

4. To be eligible for this Promotion, you must:
a. be resident in the UK and over 16 years old;
b. be a new/existing SMARTY customer who accesses the SMARTY website or is on the 30GB plan (the“Eligible plan”)

It's from "https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/smarty-promo-12Mth30GBDDFeb23.pdf"

regards, fuzzy

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I think it goes on to say if you're an eligible existing customer, you need to use their online web chat to upgrade - good luck @fuzzy

fuzzy
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

Yes, but it seems, at least to me, somewhat over complex.  I mean the dashboard displays a link "Change plan >" which takes me to a page displaying other plans I can change to (at next reset). I don't understand why it doesn't just include the "60GB for £10"plan on that page? As it is, it displays no £10 plan on that page!  Smarty promotes itself as simple, and it is, but could be more simple, imo.

Anyway, thanks for your help, fuzzy.

P.S. The cynic in me suggests Smarty doesn't want to make it easy for their current users to change to the more generous offer.

MarkWeatherill
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I've just been on the web chat and had the 60GB 'double data' applied to my account.

They will ask for some account details and then apply the discount from next renewal.

I am on web chat, asking the same thing, I have the 50gb for £10 how can I upgrade to the 60gb for £10.

I get this responce from Lavina.

Yes.

the base plan of 60 Gb data is 30 GB and rest 30 Gb is promotional offer.

If you are on 30 Gb plan then the free data will reflect in addon section next to usage tab.

L
If you are on 30 Gb plan then the free data will reflect in addon section which is next to usage tab.*

What is it with SMARTY support?
Not just that but I am trying to get help with various other issues that others have had resolved via WEBchat, that are not being resolved.

Would also like to know why can I not put my whole group on the £10 for 60gb deal, if any of them leave my group they can get this deal if they create an account. I feel like an idiot for creating a group and seemingly for everyone to be limited to the worst package deals.

@fuzzy @StevenM_1697381 @MarkWeatherill @Chalkychap From past experience (and hoping that things have not recently changed), smarty will give you the offer if you are an existing customer. The thing is that you do need to request it as it is not automatic.

Another point to remember is that, if the sim is part of a group, the 10% discount will no longer apply once in the offer period.

I must say that I requested such an offer and got it and then, a few months later, without a request, Smarty extended the length of the offer. Can't be bad!

Hi, eventually it seems to have worked, I will be honest I am usually too busy to sit trying to use WebChat and within my own work we are very customer hospitality orientated, to say support was underwhelming is an understatement.

I do wonder if there is a language barrier issue, mix of bot replies and well as human as txt certainly seemed to be from different people, some automated.

Support eventually confirmed after some mix up on details and the not very clear chat, that three of my accounts will be changed to 60gb plans, and lose the small discount, which I don't mind. I was concerned as they did not mention my young daughter who is a fourth account, I had to ask twice on that and was told it is changed, but no actual confirmations as yet.

My other lad who could not activate the free bonus sim we get, could not be sorted by support, despite others having that sorted, so he had to create his own account and purchase the 60gb sim deal on his own, this is frustrating as he now has to reset his phone number on his Apple ID and a few other things, as we had set up his new phone under the impressions gave by SMARTY that he can use the bonus SIM and then I can add him once activated and such. So we will now wait for his new sim, activate that then I will see if I can invite him to my group and take over his payments.

Any other company would take account details, listen to the problems and I would expect them to get back with a working solution, all I was asking was to add the bonus SIM to my group with my lads details, and to then have five members on my group upgraded to 60gb plans.

Hours of WebChat open and only half of that which I was having issues with was eventually sorted. That was too long and too frustrating.

Now I need to wait and see if all four plans on the group are changed to 60gb, then see if I can add my other lad to the group when he activates his own SIM, I could not create his account and get the 60gb deal and chat was no help with that or activating his current bonus SIM.

Next issue is asking SMARTY if there is a way they can take all five Bills and change the payment date to the begining of the Month, as all my family due to waiting for PAC codes and being busy with work and college ended up with different activation dates.

When I created the group I was expecting a single bill on a specific date not seperate bills over a 30 day period, this was one factor when trying to authenticate my account as CHAT asked when SMARTY last received a payment from me, I gave them the last date and ammount within my transactions and they said I gave the wrong details, my bank does not state what account the payments are for, mine being £10 while group members were £9 made finding that easy, but it wasn't specified when originally asked for.

The chat person/bot did say they were experiencing high demand, but honestly there is room for improvement there.