cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Competition entry

HayleyH_1492606
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

SMARTY can you please let us know if / when you plan on opening up our network so we can enter completions via text?! Considering going elsewhere for the service and looking at previous comments it looks as if others would like this service too.

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@HayleyH_1492606 This subject crops up very frequently. Over at least the last year, we have only ever had the answer "We're looking at it".

I'm assuming that there is some cost involved (for Smarty) in moving over to supporting short code texts and therefore they are holding off.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Oddly, the SMARTY network already supports some short-code text messaging - for example 65075, 75075 and 85075 are all supported, for compliance with OFCOM mobile number portability regulations. 

You'd like to think it wouldn't be too difficult to support additional short-codes, but perhaps there's a commercial interest here, which might be to minimise the numbers of customers switching from Three UK to SMARTY Mobile. 
๐Ÿค”

@Chalkychap I arrive at the conclusion that there is a cost implication purely based upon the fact that surely Smarty wouldn't deliberately decide to irritate a load of customers.

A good point about some short codes being accessible though.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Fair enough, although perhaps if SMARTY customers are mainly interested in value for money, then not be able to spend ยฃ1.50 etcetera on competition entries via a short-code probably isn't a huge concern.

@Chalkychap Another very good point there - and one I have used in replies to people who are threatening to leave over this problem.

For many of us, it really isn't a problem. I do accept that people have struggled to reply to banks, hospitals etc and can see this as a sticking point - not so much with competition entries!

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Indeed @MSF - I'm guessing many banks and health care providers probably provide multiple ways to communicate with customers, so an SMS short-code shouldn't be a sticking point.