cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer: DAY 3 STILL NO DATA INTERNET ( which is extremely important i’m VULNERABLE & DISABLED!

Oz90210
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

New customer: DAY 3 …: STILL NO DATA INTERNET!!
( which is extremely important as i’m VULNERABLE & DISABLED! ) and my only communication with the outside world is my iPhone 12 !! The network signal has been a total blackout!! The staff are actually aware of the fault/issue which I suppose is a good thing not to lie keeps me stress free !! Just need to be updated IMMEDIATELY to when the data internet starts to work again as im in a part of west London which is very popular! 

12 REPLIES 12

JJP2RidesAgain
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

If you have already made Smarty staff aware of your predicament, that’s the best thing to donic course. 

As this is the Smarty community forum, we are customers, just like you, we do not work for Smarty. 

What was your RUDE point to reply !! Trying to be a smarty pants won’t get you far ! 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Sorry to hear about your situation, @Oz90210

Maybe worth looking at https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/smarty-vulnerability-policy.pdf.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Oz90210 Smarty runs on the Three network and so the company will not be in direct control.

This is one of the reasons why Smarty specifically mention that customers should not rely on mobile data as a replacement for broadband service.

As others have mentioned, we are forum members like you and so have no direct information.

Oz90210
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I NEVER said anyone from here is smarty staff so keep your wig on and keep it moving… im getting a bullying vibe here im a grown man who used to work for 3NETWORK VODAFONE EE 02 And all major UK companies in store so please don’t think your little brainless comments are just to annoy me and wind me up ! Think before typing crap ! Bullys suck

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Oz90210  A further thought.......Does your sim show as activated on your account dashboard and also can you see an active smarty plan there as well? Did you port in a number from another network at the same time as joining smarty?

Oz90210
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

DAY 6 OF JOINING SMARTY MOBILE UK / INDIA !! STILL ZERO INTERNET DATA APPARENTLY DUE TO: “network Congestion”

Who is asking to be group bullied by a group of bored kids , you don’t own this chat ,

stop being basic , if you guys have NOTHING productive and polite to say …

Anyway , i live in west London and used to work for CARPHONE WAREHOUSE head office including stores around London training staff , WE WAS THE ONLY COMPANY TO SELL FOR EVERY NETWORK!!! No commission too !!! So i am MORE then aware how systems work porting , activation of sim’s and the lies these people working at all networks tell, So called “””Network congestion “”” ( which must have clearly started before i joined up , today being “”DAY 6”” of being with SMARTY MOBILE UK and still no internet data connection ( which works totally fine with calls & sms , just not the reason I purchased this SIM card) under laws of misleading sales ) 

SALES OF GOODS ACT

CONSUMERS RIGHTS ACT

TERMS CONDITIONS RULES REGULATIONS OF SMARTY MOBILE UK & INDIA STAFF TO ACTUALLY WORK and get on with compensation and resolution immediately! 

Ps its not a porting issue or sim activation issue but thanks for the reply 🙂 

We also don’t work for Smarty - As you have already been told, this is the Smarty community forum, we are just Smarty customers, we do not work for Smarty, so we cannot help you - You have to contact Smarty via webchat 

Again i never said anyone here works for smarty i have the CEO email address and got £18 & £12 refunded due to all this EXTREMELY stressful , unacceptable situation i had to school the staff like i did here too 😂class dismissed 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Oz90210  Wow! That was a bit of a rant! What do you mean about being bullied by a group of bored kids? Where has anyone in this thread not been polite?

Not sure the Sale of Goods Act applies to companies (see Citizens Advice)

What is the relevance of any staff possibly being in India?

As you have experience of the industry, then you probably already have the answers and should be able to resolve this with Smarty before any need to escalate it.

Oz90210
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Yea definitely a rant 😂 sometimes kids need schooling! 

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@Oz90210 Rude with it!