cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 12gb extra

Starman_1422071
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was invited by name on my dashboard to switch to the £8 bundle with double the usual data 24gb instead of 12 gb, to my shock this morning it has been added on renewal today but only 12gb, has anyone else been conned by this. The promotion is supposed to run till February 2023.

26 REPLIES 26

Mike
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Hiya,

We're sorry to hear that the promotion is not showing up on renewal. Please contact our Support team and they will be able to look into this for you.

https://smarty.co.uk/contact/

It happened to me as well. Does everyone join in this promotion have to report this to customer service or you guys will fix it on your side?

Sometimes da double data (60GB for 30GB)does not show up on my dashboard but I always get the 60GB data, no matter what it says on Dboard. Could be gremlins lolz but 'nice' ones for me! 

paddywvw
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

When I tried to swap to the 12GB for £8 via the app, the next screen tells me I have chosen the 4GB for £6 - and I obviously haven't. Your app is very broken and trying to contact customer service is appalling through the chat portal and just a waste of time. Can someone just make it work please? 

StevenW_1180640
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I had same thing.contacted customer service,they said it would show on next renewal.will see what happens

RichardBro_1356
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Same here. I have contacted Smarty and am awaiting a response.

StevenW_1180640
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Let us know their response,see if they tell you what they told me 

MikeyWalnuts
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've had the same thing and the same response from customer support. Fingers crossed for next month then...!

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Contact them via the chat function in app. They have always been very fast and responsive for me.

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

I've tried the chat function within the app.  It broke down theee times and even if it appears to be a human being on the other end, you're just sent round and round in circles answering the same questions. It's been a complete failure for me.

HuongTr_1154969
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

It happened to me as well. Why is smarty took the money and didn’t give the promotion. Is it something wrong with their system? Do you get your promotion yet?

I kept on at them and they eventually said they would give me the extra 12gb straight away as an exception!! 

Bashed
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've just noticed that in January I will be upgraded to a 12 gig bundle even though I signed up for the promo upgrade to 24 gigglebits. 
Oi, Smarty, no!

Bashed
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My issue went away after a short conversation on the web chat. I now have the full 24 giggles.

LouisK
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi all,

Really sorry that you signed up for one of our promotions and haven't been given the promised amount of data. 

Our team are investigating to understand what happened and get a fix in place as soon as possible to ensure that it doesn't happen moving forward. 

If you reach out to our web chat team: https://smarty.co.uk/contact they will be happy to apply the missing data for you. 

Sorry again.

Best wishes,

Louis
SMARTY

Garulus
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Same here. Just activated sim card… supposed to have double data 24G, and my dashboard showing 12G Not a “good look” for new customer. Now I’m hesitating to transfer my number…

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

I just activated a new SIM chose the advertised promo plan that offers 24GB for £8 a month. My online account shows that I have 12GB of data and not the 24GB? It does however inform me that I am on a special offer and  that I have 14 months remaining!?! SMART customer support won't entertain any query and simply state that I will get 24GB from next month which is most likely a lie to get you to do one for a month!!!

Nathan
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey,

With some promo plans it will show the extra data under the add-ons tab. This is because on our end the offer is 12GB with 12GB promo data. Are you able to check that section and get back to us ? 

No promo data or special offer showing. I'm not going to do a Web chat to be given the runaround for hours. Obtained a pac code I'm moving to another provider. 

Your choice but the webchat has always got me instant results. Best off all the networks. Plus if it via the app you don’t need to wait at a screen. Last month I was missing some data and it was instantly sorted during the chat, 3 minutes in all.

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

No, there is nothing showing under the add-ons tab.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

An update, I just logged in to my SMARTY dashboard and it's now showing that I have 24GB of data.

I have a chat with them yesterday morning. They said they will add my missing data manually for this month. Told me to check aftet chatting with them. I checked today and its still 12gb showing. They should have fix their system by now after all of this complaints and still going on

Richard_1587184
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My plan has renewed today, but I am only showing 12gb instead of 24gb. No one available to sort it out until 9am tomorrow.

***Update*** I sent an email to them yesterday and after confirming a few details this morning, I have now has the promotion applied to my account. It shows still as 12gb, but with a 12gb add on, which runs for 15 months. I was also told that if you change any details like the plan or my card details, the bonus offer may be removed.

Hi @Richard_1587184 seems like we've maybe misworded that for you, you can absolutely change your card details at any point, the major thing that would cause this to drop off is you changing the plan, but clearly if you do that you wouldn't want the 24GB plan any more! 😊

HuongTr_1154969
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have it fixed after chatting to smarty team. They give me this missing data in AddOn. And they said it will show up the right data next payment. So hopefully things work well afterwards. Cheers