Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot has started to auto disconnect

CHRISFR_1349908
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi All.

I have an unlimited data and calls plan. For the last month my hotspot has been auto disconnecting, for know obvious reason. It may happen during a steamed film or midway through another online process/web search, which is very annoying and spoiling my Smarty experience (previously with Three with no similar issue). This has only started approx one month ago so I wonder if it is a last Smarty update issue. I know it is not a hardware problem as I have tested it across my laptop and three smart TV's and it disconnects on them all. Also my wife has a Smarty SIM and hers too is now disconnecting. I have hard reset phone, turned off battery saver, etc. Nothing helps. Has this been reported before and is there a fix for it?

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

If you check out the FAQ section and search for 

Tethering and mobile hotspots

there is a helpful article there which will hopefully be of use to you 

Thanks but already looked thru FAQS, couldn't see anything to help.....can you direct me to an article please? Also did an online chat with Help team, they only said "turn off battery saver" which does not help.

Thanks again.

My software is up to date, obviously tried switching on & off phone plus hard resets. No change.

Wardysays
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Is it IOS? Mine does this too on O2 out my SMARTY Sim. I know IOS has an auto turn off if not used which has caused this when I’m streaming.

IPhone 13 Pro/iPad Mini 6/AirPods Pro/Apple Watch Ultra

Thanks for that. No it's Android. The auto off is switched off. The phones in use are both Xiaomi. They both disconnect when hotspotted to my laptop and three separate smart TV's. So it's definitely a Smarty issue.

JohnRaw_1816525
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have the same issue, has anyone found a solution? 

Samsung galaxy S22 ultra. 

No unfortunately, still disconnecting. So annoying I may even leave Smarty and try another SIM. Never happened on Three. I know Smarty run on Three so all very odd.