cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EU Data pass add-on query

StuartM_2697705
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

If you have an ongoing special offer could someone confirm when getting access to the 'rest of your plan's data' once you have used the standard 12GB allowance for EU roaming? Does this mean you can unlock the whole of the special offer data or just the standard limit on you data plan?

For example I have the 50gb for £8 special offer. The standard data allowance on this plan is 16GB.

Therefore, if I use my 12GB allowance roaming in the EU and buy an EU data pass addon, does it unlock the remaining 38GB on my plan or just an extra 4GB?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

StuartM_2697705
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Any special offer data cannot be unlocked for roaming so in my case I would only be able to get a data add on up to the remaining 4GB. Confirmed via a webchat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@StuartM_2697705 According to the Price Guide p17, the EU Roaming Data Pass gives you access to -" your whole plan data allowance for the period of time you choose, instead of being restricted to the
standard monthly 12GB EU roaming fair usage cap". 

Now, on your account dashboard, if it shows the plan as 50Gb and you have used 12Gb EU Roaming, (assuming none used before you set out abroad), then reasonably you should expect access to the other 38Gb over the one or three days that you purchase.

If you want it 'from the horse's mouth', have a web chat with Smarty Support team.

StuartM_2697705
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Any special offer data cannot be unlocked for roaming so in my case I would only be able to get a data add on up to the remaining 4GB. Confirmed via a webchat

@StuartM_2697705  Thanks for posting that info.

I suspect that many people would fall foul of that!. Perhaps worth feedback to Smarty to make that clearer?

@YulianK  - have you seen this thread?

Badger
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

If my plan is unlimited and I buy a 3 day EU data pass, does this mean after my 12GB allowance I can continue and get unlimited EU data for 3 days?

@Badger  Cannot find an answer to that in the T&C's or Price Guide.

Why not have a web chat with Smarty Support Team and then post the reply you get?

Badger
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Great advice, but I forgot to save the actual chat, although their response was perfect and to the point. Short version:

I have an unlimited plan and while in the EU I have reached the end of my 12GB. Will a 3 Day Data Pass give me unlimited data?

Yes. As you have an unlimited data plan, purchasing a 3 day EU Data Pass will give you the remainder of your plan or in this case unlimited data for 3 days.

😊

@Badger  That's really good news! So much the better that you received a clear reply in writing.

Thanks for posting this!