cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in France works on one sim not another

Chrom2um
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi all, this one has me puzzled and wonder if anyone can help. I have two Smarty SIM cards, let’s say 1 and 2. 1 is my main one I’ve had for two years and works in France, calls and data. Sim 2 I got back in June as an extra data sim for my trip. It works fine in the UK but not in France.

both sims have data available and are under the 12gb roaming cap.

using the same iPhone 14 Pro, with mob.asm.net as the APN, so same iOS version, same physical device in the same location and both report 5G available and both are picking up the same Free operator here in France and report the same cell Id in iOS field test . I can make calls on sim 1 and 2. I get mobile data on sim 1 but sim 2 refuses to connect to mobile data and Safari says I’m not connected and no pages load.

This leads me to believe there is something at the account level stopping sim 2 from connecting, but does anyone have any other ideas what may be wrong? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Chrom2um  Simplest way to check if there is an account issue - web chat with Smarty Support and explain as you have done here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Chrom2um  Simplest way to check if there is an account issue - web chat with Smarty Support and explain as you have done here.

Rebekah_150
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey  Chrom2um,

I recommend contact our customer care team as they will be able to offer account specific troubleshoot steps https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

Chrom2um
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks. In case anyone stumbles across the same experience, I reached out to Smarty support and my account has a data promotion. I'd exhausted the base data, and the promotional data is not included for EU roaming so I couldn't use that - which is why it appeared I still had data available.

So if your account has promotional data you can't use that while roaming in the EU. I bought a data addon (1Gb for £1) and it worked perfectly.

Problem solved!