Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group plan set parental control for non owner member

PaulVacz_753217
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello there

i have a group plan where I, as the owner, can set the parental control for the owner phone. However, I have another phone in the group and cannot seem to see settings  to set up the parental control for that phone. Can anyone help and advise how I can set up parental control for not for each phone in the group independently of each other . Thanks. Paul

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Hello @PaulVacz_753217 

I'm wondering if the clue lies here:

As the group owner, you'll get to choose the level of access for your group members when ordering a new SIM. View only access will allow a member to login to their own dashboard, so a different e-mail address is required.

If the member logs in under their email address, can they then control their own adult access?

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @PaulVacz_753217 you should be able to do this on the dashboard as the group owner - if not drop our team a message here smarty.co.uk/contact 

I have a similar problem. I recently changed from a BT landline to a Smarty data sim in a 4G modem. Ever since I've been unable to access the functions on the nsandi website and on their iphone app. I turned off the parental restrictions on my iphone (containing the original Smarty sim) and it now works fine. The data sim is part ofa new group I created. I cannot find where to turn off the parental restrictions for this data sim. I've tried various places and the nearest I've found is a greyed out section under Content & Network settings.

I tried contacting Smarty using the link in the previous reply but just go round in circles through the FAQs etc - there's seems to be no way of actually contacting a human being.

I managed to get through to someone on the chat line. They had to turn off the parental controls for me but only after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with umpteen pieces of proof of age etc. Th whole thing took 45 mins.

Then, when I tried to return here, it kept taking me back to the community registration page. Was told to delete all my cookies, cachr, browing history etc which I didn't want to do. Ended up using a different browser.

I'm not impressed by hte help available - it all seems to assume the sim is in a handset. It doesn't fully account for other situations eg modem or car, or a non-primary account holder. I was thinking of switching from Giffgaff in my car but won't now.

@Pedro_1699902 I imagine that they assume the sim is in a handset since the vast majority are. I'm sure it's not much comfort, but there have been a number of queries on the forum regarding sims in devices lately, so perhaps there will be more info put on the help pages soon.