cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chat operators do not have full access?

DavidDy_1109149
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Recently had a problem with no 5G and very poor Signal, looking at router although full 4g and 5g available but showing connection to 4g+ . It looked like access to 5g had been switched off so decided to contact chat.

I was immediately told that 5g was not available at my location (even though I had used it for over a year) and there was no problem with the network. Gave up after a lot of backwards and forwards about an hours chat!

Used the Smarty app/ Web site to check showed availability of 5g and after check problems with local mast that was being worked on probably 5 minutes spent!   Engineers have fixed problem now better than ever.

Why do the chat operators not have access to the information and basically just told me I was stupid and ignored everything I said.

Anyone  have any ideas since the only way to access Smarty is through chat?

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DavidDy_1109149 That certainly is very disappointing.

Lately, there have been a number of forum posts citing less than helpful chat operators.

When I first joined smarty some time ago, web chat worked really well and the staff always seemed able to sort problems very quickly.

I get the impression now that most of it has been outsourced overseas and I wonder if therein lies the answer to the problem.

Do you think it may be worth you writing a complaint ? If enough people do that, perhaps management will see that all is not well and take remedial action.

I would like to write a complaint but as it will probably be reviewed by a chat operator I think I would be wasting more of my time  , having a little rant on here might be noticed? 

I believe the complaints team are separate from the SMARTY web chat support team @DavidDy_1109149
The latter is based in India, and I think the former is UK based.

I agree with you @Chalkychap  - I received an email from one of the team who run the Community Forum (UK as far as I can see) and he was also using the complaint email address.