Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parental controls off but can't access Premium Bonds site

Pedro_1699902
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hi,

Ever since I moved to a Smarty 4G data only sim (in a 4G modem) for internet access, I've been unable to successfully log in to the NSANDI website to check my Premium Bonds. I've tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers. I don't have this issue on any other finncial type websites so it appears to be a specific problem with Smarty and NSANDI.

Initially I couldn't even use the NSANDI app on my iphone either. Then I read that Parental Controls are enabled by default by Smarty. It was a real pain getting the PCs turned off on the data only SIM but doing so hasn't solved the issue.

Has anyone managed to access NSANDI using a data only sim? If so, how?!

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Pedro_1699902 I am using a standard voice and data sim, but have had no problem accessing that site on my phone just now.

Are you aware that N&I have changed the log in structure? It requires a lot more than it used to and also a two stage verification.

I wonder if this is contributing to your issue?

@MSFYes, I'm aware that NSANDI changed its log in structure. When I phoned their help desk they confirmed that I had set up the 2 factor thing successfully previously. However, that was when I had BT broadband through a cpper wire. NSANDI says it's the network provider's issue, not theirs, but I don't have any issues on other websites now that PCs are turned off.

I did manage o use the iphone app on another Smarty sim but only after PCs were turned off.

I'm looking for people's experiences using a data only sim and desktop computers, not the smart phone app.

NeilChe_2045375
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi Pedro

Did you manage to resolve this? I have the same problem.

What device are you using ?

I just tried to log into the NSandI website on my iPhone 14, and was able to successfully do so. 

Are you using a VPN by any chance ? That may be the cause of your issue.