Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service using 'verification bootloop' to refuse a resolution

Bekah_2146062
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hello community,

Smarty messaged to say they will automatically change my tarriff against my consent/wish, and every single time I tried to deal with customer services (this is over hours across a week as given 7 days notice) they put me in a loop of verification followed by 'we cant answer you until you do anther verification' - in effect they have had me in a continuous loop of verifications and refusal to deal with question/complaint, and also refused to provide any contact for someone who could deal with this issue. Cancelled auto renew on meantime and they re-assigned auto renew payments. Have had to cancel auto renew through bank now to make sure (well, hopefully). 

Tried a third party resolution service and again the reply from Smarty is the everlasting bootloop of 'provide us with the verification'...

It appears very deliberate tactic to avoid any solution or even acknowledgement of issues with Smarty. 

1. How do I check current credit in my Smarty account, in order to start process of getting a refund?

2. How do I remove my payment details from Smarty account? 

I will no longer be using Smarty mobile, there are far better companies with very similar tarriffs.  

1 REPLY 1

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Bekah_2146062 I am a little confused because it appears that you wrote this post on 08/07/2024 and yet it is only showing up on 4/07/2024!

Answers 

1. Log into your account and look at the account dashboard: https://smarty.co.uk/dashboard.   you would see credit on your account arising from unused add-ons. As Smarty is effectively PAYG, you pay for a plan and there is no credit deriving from that, other than data, calls and texts for the rest of that month.

2.Take a look at https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/952717-updating-your-payment-method

If your tariff has been changed, do you think that possibly your account may have been hacked? I don't see how auto-renew was on if you had specifically turned it off - unless someone else hs access to your account.

As a precaution, can you change your account password?

Very strange and frustrating I'm sure - do you have any further info about how you keep getting back into the verification cycle? Does this happen when you send a complaint via the website?