cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Number ported over from Vodafone earlier today

carlb07
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I'm abit baffled, my number was ported over from Vodafone earlier today, so basically I was using my old phone with my Vodafone SIM in it, my new phone has my smarty SIM card in it which was activated the other day, anyway when I send a txt from my smarty SIM, my replies go to my old phone which was Vodafone, what is that all about, can sumone explain or help me out please..

8 REPLIES 8

Vip3r09
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

PAC request won't happen unless you have given permission to your previous provider by SMS, Call or on a Website. 

How do you think I got the PAC code, I spoke to Vodafone 3 weeks ago regarding I was ending my contract with them

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@carlb07 Check your account dashboard to see if it shows your ported number.

Porting can take up to 5pm on the day quoted for the move.

If it does not resolve later in the day, then you may have suffered a 'split port' and will need to web chat with Support Team.

carlb07
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

It lookslike it sorted itself out by this morning, so all good thanks upto now, but thanks For your help regarding the matter 

Vip3r09
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

After reading your first message again I now understand your issue was with your services not working properly after you ported your mobile number out. But I'm pleased the situation has been resolved for you. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

If your old and new phones are iPhone devices, it could happen. 

If your old and new phones are Android devices, using RCS (Chat features) in Google Messages app, it could happen. 

Either way, your old Vodafone SIM card should stop working when the switch gets initiated by SMARTY. 

It lookslike it had a 3 to 4 window where they crossed over yesterday & I could use both devices, but it lookslike it's sorted out by now, as my old phone with the Vodafone SIM in it, just says emergency calls only now, no signal showing & obviously no data showing neither, but thanks For the message regarding the issue

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Thanks @carlb07, unfortunately UK mobile number transfers aren't immediate.

Strange things can happen once the switch is in progress, if the old service provider SIM & new service provider SIM cards are in devices.  

The switching process in managed by the UK Mobile Number Portability Operator Steering Group (โ€˜MNP OSGโ€™), but oddly not all UK mobile operators are represented.