cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Invalid numbers from SMS

PaulHorn_590989
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I've been a Smarty member for several years with no issues .This week I've signed my friend up to Smarty and I'm paying for it out of my account .When it came to activating his SIM we were having issues but I managed to do it through the Smarty App on my account but with his number because I'm group leader.He then entered his PAC code and within 24 hours his number was changed to his old number .All fine I thought however since then I've been having issues when my friend calls me it's showing up his name and it's the same if I call him ,however when he texts me it's coming up with a completely different number that I can't reply to because it's an invalid number .I can text him no issues .I then asked another friend in a text if my number was okay he then text me back and once again it wasn't his name but another random number that is invalid .So calls seem to be fine it's just when I receive messages I'm getting these invalid numbers .Any help would be appreciated 

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Just wondering if the phone has picked up the original number allocated to the sim. If you check the phone settings, does it have the ported-in number showing? If not, change it to that number. Also, the ported-in number should show on the account dashboard as a check that it has successfully transferred over.

My number is still the same in the settings and on the smarty dashboard.My friends number is correct on the Smarty dashboard too and he received the text s few days ago saying his transferred number was successful.I just don't understand why I'm getting texts from my friends but with invalid numbers 

If your friend is using an Android handset, I'd suggest he turns OFF (and leaves it OFF) the RCS "Chat features" option in the Messages app. 

Yes I did try several things none of them worked but then I turned off chat settings and that has worked 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

This type of problem can happen when the 'new' SMARTY SIM card is used in the handset before the number is transferred to SMARTY Mobile (by PAC).

A Network Reset often cures the problem though.
๐Ÿ€

Hello, I am getting this issue between myself and my wife. We are both on android phones but when I text her using RCS it shows my 'new' smarty number which I replaced with my original number. In the RCS settings it shows the same 'new' number and connected. 

Can't seem to get it to change. How do I do a network reset as suggested? Thanks in advance.

@DavidWarden  A network reset option is usually found in the phone settings.

I cannot be more specific as I only use iOS and not Android.

Hi, did you manage to get this sorted? and if so how? I am having the same problem.

thanks