cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service

DJN83
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I was with Smarty for about 18months and had no problems at all. A brilliant service at a budget busting price.  I moved to Vodafone 2years ago due to a new phone and contract deal but now that contract has come to an end, I've jumped straight back to Smarty with their brilliant 125Gb Data package for just £12.

However, I am incredibly disappointed and frustrated with the lack of signal I'm now getting.  Pretty much no internet, and when it does connect I'm getting less than 2mb download speeds. My phone signal is intermittent at best and often I can't even make or receive phone calls.

Has something changed in the last 2 years, or is there a setting in my Pixel 6 that needs changing from Vodafone settings to Smarty settings?

I was offered a good retaining offer from Vodafone to stay, which has now gone, but am massively regretting not taking it due to the shocking service I've been suffering for the last week since activating my SIM.

Any help greatly appreciated as this is completely not fit for purpose right now!!

3 REPLIES 3

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DJN83 It is possible that things have changed with regards to the Three network in your area over the two years that you were with Vodafone.

Have you looked at the Network Status checker for any local issues? I also assume that the Network Coverage shows as good for the area still.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Have you tried a NETWORK RESET on your Pixel 6, @DJN83

Perhaps Vodafone's network profile for Pixel handsets, which may still be on the device, isn't perfect for the Three UK mobile network. 
🤞

I went through the network Access Point settings again. It appears to have improved (I now have 5G and 4G) but the internet speeds are still pretty poor. And although the signal has improved, it isn't reliable with my phone battery draining as it is constantly searching for a signal.

I'm very disappointed in Smarty network. I would have expected the network to grow while I was gone, not get worse.

Now looking at alternative SIM only options as not sure how much longer I can cope with this poor service