Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim activation

PaulTur_2254741
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Hello new user here

I Activated my new sim it asked for the pin which I inserted(0000) it asked for me to insert it again 

know have 1 attempt left or phone will lock

do I try again or give it up to two hours for the new sim to activate 

3 REPLIES 3

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Personally I'd wait for the SIM to activate.  I've not heard that putting a new SIM into a phone and activating the SIM requires a SIM pin/code.

Perhaps your phone is new to you, but maybe refurbished without taking it back to code/pin free?

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PaulTur_2254741  Have you followed the directions in this article?: https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/4539514-activating-a-spare-bonus-sim-or-a-sim-bought-in-a-shop...

The sim number you require is on the sim (see article)

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

To me, it looks like it’s actually your phone asking for a PIN code, possibly because it’s network locked to another network. 

If by chance you have purchased this phone second hand, through a local phone shop or EBay, for example, it does look as if the phone is network locked to another network, so you need to get it unlocked to be able to use it on Smarty. 

If the phone is yours or you have acquired it from a friend or family number, check any paperwork. etc for the relevant PIN code.