cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone mini 12 sim card

JonFriend_89960
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello... hope someone can help... I might be being dim (very possible) but have just got a Iphone mini 12 and when it comes to putting my existing sim card in, the tray looks like it should take a sim card that is the same size (nano) but the part of the sim which is angled doesn't align with the part of the tray which accommodates this?? I've tried putting it in "upside down" so they align but that doesn't feel right and sim card is not read by the phone... any help much appreciated!

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JonFriend_89960  As @Chalkychap says, you do have the correct sim. I agree that it does seem a little counter-intuitive to put them in from underneath but face up, but they certainly will only fit in and work in the one orientation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chalkychap
SMARTY Major Player
SMARTY Major Player

Most iPhones use a nano-SIM card, @JonFriend_89960

The SIM tray is designed such that your nano-SIM card should only fit one-way into the tray. If your SMARTY SIM card hasn't been activated it won't work, or likewise if the SIM card has somehow been damaged or developed a fault, you may have issues.

If you've just acquired your iPhone 12 mini, perhaps the SIM tray is damaged or not a genuine part. Do you have a picture of the SIM tray in question, @JonFriend_89960?

Thanks for the advice... is now all sorted! 👍

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@JonFriend_89960  As @Chalkychap says, you do have the correct sim. I agree that it does seem a little counter-intuitive to put them in from underneath but face up, but they certainly will only fit in and work in the one orientation.

Cheers, is now sorted! 👍