cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 14 support 5G and Wi-Fi calling

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

SMARTY does not currently support 5G and Wi-Fi calling on the latest iPhone 14 range. It therefore would  be a BIG step-down in terms features for many customer’s that are planning to upgrade their mobile phone or receiving new phones as Christmas presents.
Unlike the USA model, the iPhone 14 range of phones in the UK does still have a SIM Tray, so SMARTY not supporting an eSIM would not be a deal breaker here?
On speaking to Customer Service at SMARTY I have been advised that you are waiting for Apple in order to move this forward, yet the Apple website shows that the 3 network infrastructure does already support both of these features already?

EDIT 8/12/2022

SMARTY has a slogan of simple, honest mobile. However, this question hasn’t been answered by anyone at SMARTY, and further questions other topics have been posted afterwards, which have been answered?

I’d like to upgrade my phone, but so far I’m getting the generic response of “we are adding new phones all the time”, but no actual indication whether this phone will be indeed be added, despite the fact it is already has 5G and Wi-Fi calling on 3?
If it’s a case that 3 won’t let you do this, then why not be honest? Not answering the question or giving a response that is non committing is not really demonstrating this?  Other MVNOs with other network providers do have iPhone 14 compatibility.  New phones from other manufacturers are supported by SMARTY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Just to confirm, I have upgraded to an iPhone 14 Pro now and both 5G and Wi-Fi calling are working on this model.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ShaunJe_1623837
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Well I’m using an iPhone 14 Pro with my Smarty plan, both 5G and Wi-Fi Calling work just fine 

Thanks for feeding back.  Could it be then that it does work, but SMARTY are unaware?!  Help Section, Customer Service and Social Network platforms say not.  Perhaps SMARTY could clarify this?

ShaunJe_1623837
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am using an iPhone 14 Pro with my Smarty plan, 5G and Wi-Fi calling work just fine for me. 

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

According to SMARTY Help…these phones are compatible with 5G:-

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/5871549-which-devices-are-compatible-with-5g 

And, these phones are compatible with Wi-Fi calling:-

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/4237414-which-devices-are-compatible-with-wifi-calling

The iPhone 14 range does not feature in these lists?  

SMARTY, please could you advise, and update this information if it is working now with the iPhone 14 range?

i notice that the iphone 14 now features in this list for 5G compatability on SMARTY:
Which devices are compatible with 5G? | SMARTY Help Centre (i think this is an update of the article you linked to), but it doesn't appear in the wifi calling list still.
I can't see any information on VoLTE over 4G for roaming with the iPhone 14 either. I imagine it will work but it would be nice to see it confirmed. 

following on from this, i now have wifi turned off and the 5G symbol has appeared! 

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

Just to confirm, I have upgraded to an iPhone 14 Pro now and both 5G and Wi-Fi calling are working on this model.