Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t receive texts send from india

RujuShah_508322
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi,

I am travelling to India and I cannot access my bank in india as my mobile number given there is the UK number on which the smarty pan is on. What is the issue Co I am not receiving the OTP on my mobile phone while I am here in India

6 REPLIES 6

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Smarty doesn’t support short code text messages (Texts with five digit numbers) so it may be that. 

Your best bet would be to contact Smarty via webchat, as this is the Smarty community forum. We are fellow customers of Smarty, and don’t work for them.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

SMARTY do support the receiving of short code messages as long as they incur no charge.

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

In addition to @JJP2's advice, could it also be that, since you say you are in India, you will need an 'out of plan' add-on (cash credit) added to your account so that you can still use your Smarty service when abroad?
The price table is here

Aside from that, check that your APN is set to 'mob.asm.net' - which is also required for roaming.

@JJP2 Did we think that you should still receive any messages from shortcode numbers (but not be able to send any)? At least in the case of any service that sends an OTP out it should arrive in a few seconds.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

All good points @jassingh 

Probably @RujuShah_508322 does need to change the APN in their phone to ‘mob.asm.net’ and buy an out of plan add on.

Good point re shortcodes too 👍

Short codes are sent over SMS and so the APN setting will have no impact on receiving these.

It's likely the roaming network is either unable to receive these types of messages from foreign networks or they have a temporary network related issues that currently prevents them from reaching you.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@RujuShah_508322  Did you actually link to one of the local networks over there?