Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4gVolte problems

vicmoo
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Apologies if this is a repetition.

Please could someone help with a definitive answer to the 4g call debacle. Would like to know, if I contact a real person at Smarty will they turn on Volte calling for a samsung phone, or is it a lost cause and I go elsewhere or change handset?

No one will say yay or nay. Been going round and round. God I hate cyclical conversations.

Every time I ask I get a copy/paste of 'is your phone compatible?' Yes it it. Then ' just turn on 4g VolTe calling in settings.. ' I say I've done all that, then ' the government asked us to turn off 3g to make it better...etc'

Three says its compatible, smarty says its compatible. 

I then get ' if your phone is incompatible you will have to change phone'

But it's not.

And then silence, no response, nada. I ask if this will change...we go back the beginning.

Any one  with actual knowledge could you say please

Apologies for looong rant. Taken up bout 26 hours so far researching and trying to fix.

3 REPLIES 3

SmartyTrousers
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

There is nothing for Smarty support to enable at their end for VoLTE to work. Which Samsung is it?

Samsung a6. 

Other companies have done this so I know it's possible.

My phone is three compatible, it is smarty compatible so it is a choice for profit not a technical issue as they say.

Thank you for responding.

Will be moving phone company not buying a phone.

When I say there's nothing for Smarty to do to enable VoLTE, what I mean is that, unlike with some other networks, VoLTE is already enabled on all Smarty accounts. So if VoLTE isn't working on your device, it's not because it's not enabled on your Smarty account - it will most likely be that your device isn't compatible with Smarty's VoLTE, regardless of how confident you are that it is (by the way, most of the devices which are incompatible with Smarty are compatible with Three).

While the A6 isn't on Smarty's list of incompatible devices, the proof is in the pudding - if it's not working for VoLTE calls, the chances are it's not compatible. 

Here's a response I made to another post about the complexities of networks getting VoLTE working for different devices. 

I do agree with you though that ultimately, you will need to move to another network which your device is compatible with.