cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling intermittent on iphone 13 ioS 16.5

Pedro_1699902
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

My wife is experiencing intermittent Wifi calling  on her iphone 13 ioS 16.5. However, on the same home network etc my old iphone 6S+ ioS 15.7.6 experienes no such issues. We use a Smarty data only 4G sim for internet access in the house. We have a TP-link mesh wifi in hte house that we both connect to. All Smarty sims - any idea what the issue might be with my wife's phone? We've tried resestting network connections, re-boots etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Pedro_1699902  A quick consultation with Señor Google suggests that there are problems with iOs 16.5 cutting off wifi.

Probably will be cured with a further update once enough people have road-tested 16.5 and given free feedback!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Pedro_1699902  A quick consultation with Señor Google suggests that there are problems with iOs 16.5 cutting off wifi.

Probably will be cured with a further update once enough people have road-tested 16.5 and given free feedback!

Thanks @MSF I did try Senor Google but hadn't included ios 16.5 in the search. At least it's not operator error!

@Pedro_1699902  For one silly moment, I actually thought that you were suggesting that you suspected your wife of being guilty of 'operator error'.

I rapidly came to my senses and realised that you couldn't POSSIBLY have meant that !!! 😱

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

@MSF is correct re iOS 16.5 and Wi-Fi issues.

Download iOS 16.6 which has been available since yesterday and hopefully solves the issue you are experiencing. 

IMG_0568.png