cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring numbers

DillyBi_1815560
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I recently changed from my previous network provider to this network. I wanted to keep my old number but since Friday I’ve been waiting and contacting smarty to be told wait for this day wait for this time wait another 24 hours now wait 24-48 hours. Did anyone else have this trouble? 

9 REPLIES 9

Jamesf82
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's possible that because you submitted it on a Friday, the weekend isn't classed a business day, so this may be why there is a delay? 

In your dashboard does it should the estimated date of transfer being completed? 

I’ve been told my old number successfully ported but still isn’t there

Yes it said Monday the 9th of January but still not been sorted 

PeterSm_1580201
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

I've switched to Smarty twice. The first time, it took a few days and then I had a problem because I left my old sim in a spare phone so it confused the system. Second time it got done in a day with no issue. So you've been unlucky unless you left your old sim in another phone? 

BrianaB_2072964
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I’ve had exact same ! Now saying 31 may, we’ll I paid a month in advance and will only have a few weeks connection before my next payment, not happy 

@BrianaB_2072964 If you think it has taken an unreasonable time, and you have had no explanation, you could raise a complaint : https://smarty.co.uk/complaints

GabrielP_542883
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm having the same problem as we speak. So infuriating. Especially when there's no phone number to call and vent ... A few people on here say 'raise a complaint', but how do you even do that? And would that listen? I'm starting to severely regret "moving" over.

Did you get a PAC code from your previous network, by texting 'PAC' to 65075 ?

Did you then activate your Smarty SIM card and buy a plan ?

Have you checked your Smarty dashboard, to ensure your SIM has been activated ?

When I joined Smarty from Voxi in early June, I got my PAC code from Voxi, gave it to Smarty after activating my new Smarty SIM and buying a plan. Text messages and emails from Smarty kept me informed every step of the way.

I gave Smarty my PAC code on a Friday, number successfully ported the following Monday, as expected (Number porting does not happen on weekends)

@GabrielP_542883  To raise a complaint: https://smarty.co.uk/complaints

The link appears at the bottom of the main web page along with T&C's and other legals.