cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ee dongle

Baalamb
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I've got an EE mifi dongle but have replaced their sim with a Smarty unlimited data sim but all my devices are still showing they are connected to the original EE network. Why am I not connecting to the Smarty 3 network?

2 REPLIES 2

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

I would guess your mifi dongle and connected devices are just showing the original SSID (Service Set Identifier) which is just the dongle's name.

If you think about it, having removed the EE SIM card from the dongle, you cannot be connected to the EE network.

Check your Smarty account's dashboard, in order to check that your new Smarty SIM has been activated.

If you havent already, contact EE, to close your account with them, otherwise you will be continuing to pay for a service that you are not using.

Also FYI :

What Does SSID Stand For?

SSID stands for โ€œService Set Identifierโ€. Under the IEEE 802.11 wireless networking standard, a โ€œservice setโ€ refers to a a collection of wireless networking devices with the same parameters. So, the SSID is the identifier (name) that tells you which service set (or network) to join.

You can dig into the details on Wikipedia, but SSID is really just a technical term for the wireless networkโ€™s name.

Baalamb
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Thanks, that makes sense. I've checked my dashboard & my 3 data is showing as being used. Cheers