cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Smarty are stealing money by speeding up the rate at which you use the data

ScottBra_261593
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have very accurate measurement software on my phone and always monitor how much data I use but this time I haven't used much and smarty are telling me I have used nearly all of it

I only got the 8 gig pack and have used just over a gig but they are saying that I have just over a gig left

That is entirely nonsense and is theft and breach of contract

I would like my money back or the data back that I'vee paid for

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ScottBra_261593  First and foremost, you are not writing to Smarty here - we are forum members just like you and not staff, so we won't be refunding anything.

How do you know that the measurement software on the phone is more accurate?

Have you actually run out of data? Perhaps there is an error?

I think that you should take great care before accusing a company of a criminal offence (theft) or even a civil one (breach of contract) - that could work out as an extremely expensive option for you.

Being more reasonable, why don't you contact Smarty support team and calmly explain your issue without accusations. They may sort it out for you without the rise in blood pressure!

I'm quite certain that it is a lot lower than it should be as I've tested and used the measurement software a lot and had a chance to compare them several times

I'm sure it's some kind of error on their behalf but they will insist as they're the bigger party that it is something that I'm incapable of doing correctly and that they are more accurate and correct

@ScottBra_261593  Another thought.....have you by any chance carried out a number of speed tests on your phone? When I first did one using 5G data, it consumed a load.

PHI_2829338
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

Does Smarty count download AND upload as data consumed? I am not sure, just a thought.