cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopeless speed with Smarty sim!

tonychi_2539068
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hello everyone. I have a Netgear nighthawk mobile router. Tried a Smarty sim in it and get a max of 7 mbps download speed! I’ve just taken delivery of an EE 4gee mobile router via BT and I get 70, yes 70mbps from this EE sim! Really disappointed in the Netgear/Smarty combo. Any ideas why the speed difference is so marked? Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@tonychi_2539068 Is this down to something as simple as your area having a much better EE signal?

Have you done a Coverage check and also a Network Status check?

Thanks for that. I did check and Smarty apparently has 4 out 5 bars for signal strength. EE has 5/5. Seems a massive difference for just one bar. Unless I’m just unlucky and in a black spot! 🤷‍♂️

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Okay @tonychi_2539068, as @MSF has suggested the performance gap is most likely due to signal reception at your location being better with EE than SMARTY Mobile. 

It's possible EE's mobile network infrastructure at your location is superior, partly because of the higher prices users of the EE network pay compared to SMARTY Mobile. 

Perhaps an example of MORE malarkey, LESS SMARTY?  

Hi, I bought the Smarty for a France trip in the summer in fact. Got some good reviews for European coverage and speeds . Could you confirm that at all?