cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not recognised as being in the UK?

StuartH_2234309
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have two Smarty SIM one as my mobile number and another as a data only SIM in a WiFi hotspot for my house. 

However my data only SIM doest allow me to connect to Disney+. It seems to suggest that I am not in the UK.   I seem to remember having the same issue with my original SIM but that is fine now. 

Anyone got any suggestions. I have reset the hotspot and this hasn't fixed the issue. 

7 REPLIES 7

JJPDeux
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The obvious thought / question is :

Is what you call a "wifi hotspot" actually a mifi router with your data only SIM card in it, being used as a replacement for fixed line broadband, and are you connected through a VPN server outside of the UK ? That's the most likely cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Obviously, if you are connected through a VPN, turning it off should solve the issue.

JJPDeux
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

‎10-15-2023 09:01 PM

Is what you call a "wifi hotspot" actually a mifi router with your data only SIM card in it, being used as a replacement for fixed line broadband, and are you connected through a VPN server outside of the UK ? That's the most likely cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Obviously, if you are connected through a VPN, turning it off should solve the issue.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Not there is no VPN. It's in a mobile router and switching the SIMs fixes the issue. For some reason. 

Hence not sure of the solution

That’s most odd, as logic dictates that if DisneyPlus thinks you are outside the UK, then the mobile router must be connecting to a foreign server somehow.

Have you tried the problematic SIM in another device or phone to see if the issue is replicated in another device ? 

KevinHi_2182141
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, did you find a fix for this?

I have exactly the same problem with Disney+ app on Samsung TV. Keep getting error code 73 which thinks I am outside of Disney+ allowed regions. 

I have a data only Sim in a ZTE 5g router in Hertfordshire, speed is amazing, but Disney+ thinks I am outside of the UK. All other apps, iPlayer, ITV, netflix, Prime there is no problem. 

I have no VPN connected.

Thanks

Mrjonxp
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I have a similar problem on Netflix. Setup is a data only SIM in a ZTE 5G router in Kent, and in the last day or so Netflix has started showing an error that I'm using a VPN or Proxy when trying to watch certain shows.

No problems playing the content on the same device through mobile data (different network).

Did anyone find a solution for this?

Thanks