cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SIM not recognised as being in the UK?

StuartH_2234309
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have two Smarty SIM one as my mobile number and another as a data only SIM in a WiFi hotspot for my house. 

However my data only SIM doest allow me to connect to Disney+. It seems to suggest that I am not in the UK.   I seem to remember having the same issue with my original SIM but that is fine now. 

Anyone got any suggestions. I have reset the hotspot and this hasn't fixed the issue. 

7 REPLIES 7

JJPDeux
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The obvious thought / question is :

Is what you call a "wifi hotspot" actually a mifi router with your data only SIM card in it, being used as a replacement for fixed line broadband, and are you connected through a VPN server outside of the UK ? That's the most likely cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Obviously, if you are connected through a VPN, turning it off should solve the issue.

JJPDeux
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

โ€Ž10-15-2023 09:01 PM

The obvious thought / question is :

Is what you call a "wifi hotspot" actually a mifi router with your data only SIM card in it, being used as a replacement for fixed line broadband, and are you connected through a VPN server outside of the UK ? That's the most likely cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Obviously, if you are connected through a VPN, turning it off should solve the issue.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

โ€ŽThe obvious thought / question is :

Not there is no VPN. It's in a mobile router and switching the SIMs fixes the issue. For some reason. 

Hence not sure of the solution

Thatโ€™s most odd, as logic dictates that if DisneyPlus thinks you are outside the UK, then the mobile router must be connecting to a foreign server somehow.

Have you tried the problematic SIM in another device or phone to see if the issue is replicated in another device ? 

KevinHi_2182141
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, did you find a fix for this?

I have exactly the same problem with Disney+ app on Samsung TV. Keep getting error code 73 which thinks I am outside of Disney+ allowed regions. 

I have a data only Sim in a ZTE 5g router in Hertfordshire, speed is amazing, but Disney+ thinks I am outside of the UK. All other apps, iPlayer, ITV, netflix, Prime there is no problem. 

I have no VPN connected.

Thanks

Mrjonxp
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi,

I have a similar problem on Netflix. Setup is a data only SIM in a ZTE 5G router in Kent, and in the last day or so Netflix has started showing an error that I'm using a VPN or Proxy when trying to watch certain shows.

No problems playing the content on the same device through mobile data (different network).

Did anyone find a solution for this?

Thanks