cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Allowed

RobertAm_474895
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have had to buy a second hand iPhone 12. The phone is unlocked as it states no sim restrictions but under network it’s says not available and then phone not allowed. 

The sim works in another phone and an O2 sim works in the iPhone 12 so not sure why my smarty one doesn’t work in it. 

Anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

That’s a head scratcher 1

Asking the obvious, but are you absolutely sure that there are no SIM restrictions, as what you have posted gives every indication that your phone is network locked to O2.

From where did you obtain the phone ? If it’s a local high street second hand phone retailer / unlocker I would take it back to them, and show them that a Smarty doesn’t work in the phone. 

In the event that you bought the phone off EBay, you will probably need to go to a second hand retailer / unlocker on the high street anyway, to get it unlocked, as even though it may be indicating there are no SIM restrictions, there are obviously some restrictions on the phone that are stopping you from using it with a Smarty SIM card.

I just wonder whether the phone has been stolen and blacklisted, but that wouldn’t make sense, as you say an O2 SIM card works in the phone. Have you actually used the O2 SIM card in the phone, to access data, and to make calls and send texts ?

This is certainly a conundrum !

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

I would try replacing the SIM card @RobertAm_474895 

It can’t be the sim as my other smarty sim doesn’t work in it either but works in my phone

@RobertAm_474895,

That would suggest that the phone may not be completely unlocked, or still fully locked to a network (or some other SIM restriction), as @JJP2 suggests.

Try going back to the seller, or a "high street" phone shop to try and sort the SIM restriction problem out.

It may be worth checking what area the phone was designed for, some parts of the world use different frequencies than the UK. I know some phones would not work on Three at the start because of this.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Fair point, but it should hopefully be OK. My iPhone 13 mini works fine on Smarty, and I bought it from Apple’s store at Scottsdale Quarter in Arizona in July. 

Also, @RobertAm_474895 said that an 02 SIM works in the iPhone 12.