cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageous incompetence

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

The first SIMcard I ordered never arrived, the replacement SIMCard was theoretically sent last Thursday via Royal Mail 1st class, but I still haven't received it either.

... and YES, Royal Mail delivered today other letters but NOT the SIMCard from Smarty because probably it has never been sent in the first place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey there!

Have you double checked that the address on your SMARTY account is absolutely, positively, 100% correct? It's crucial that every detail is correct to avoid any hiccups or delays in getting your SIM card delivered to you.

We understand the frustration that comes with any inconvenience caused and we truly apologise for any issues you may have experienced.

Once your SIM card is on its way, it's in the hands of Royal Mail and unfortunately, we're unable to track its exact journey. But please know that we're here for you and our customer care team is ready to assist with any further help you may need:

https://smarty.co.uk/contact 

Thank you for choosing SMARTY, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all. We're here for you every step of the way!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Perhaps Royal Mail lost your deliveries, @UserXYZ

Without using a tracking service, difficult to know who's erred. 

Let's say the first time was a mistake, but what about the second time ? If they send it to a wrong address, normally it cannot be delivered.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Lightning never strikes twice, as they say, @UserXYZ - but with SMARTY and Royal Mail in partnership who knows what might happen.

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey there!

Have you double checked that the address on your SMARTY account is absolutely, positively, 100% correct? It's crucial that every detail is correct to avoid any hiccups or delays in getting your SIM card delivered to you.

We understand the frustration that comes with any inconvenience caused and we truly apologise for any issues you may have experienced.

Once your SIM card is on its way, it's in the hands of Royal Mail and unfortunately, we're unable to track its exact journey. But please know that we're here for you and our customer care team is ready to assist with any further help you may need:

https://smarty.co.uk/contact 

Thank you for choosing SMARTY, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all. We're here for you every step of the way!

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

After a long discussion with the customer support I found that despite the address was correct in my account, the address in the confirmation email (the one with the subject: Your SMARTY SIM has been dispatched) was wrong. I never read that email, trusting the website.

After back and forth for 2 hours, attaching screen captures with my account and the email it proved that indeed some error happened. I was sent a new SIM card which should arrive in 2-3 days. I consider this issue solved now.

If possible, please delete all my posts.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@UserXYZ  Can you be sure that all the letters you received came from the same area? Maybe down to Smarty’s local Royal Mail office maybe?

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I often buy from China and the parcels are properly delivered. For some strange reason an invaluable SIM card from SMARTY cannot be delivered. This makes me think the issue is from SMARTY.

StuartG_2784364
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm going to jump in on this one too as I had been looking for similar posts. I'm in the same situation. Ordered my SIM card on the 16th June and it never arrived. Waited past the initial 5 working days and ordered a new one at the beginning of this week.. I'm hearing lots of horror stories like this and don't expect to receive my second SIM. 

All the while they have taken the first payment and I haven't even been able to use the service. It's a shame as at this rate I'll be cancelling soon before even seeing if they could have been half decent compared to my last provider!!

I requested the replacement last week and until now it hasn't arrived (probably because either it was sent to no man's land OR never sent). The worst part is that I trusted them and I decided to close my current contract (with another service provider) on 28th June. I never thought they are not able to send a  simple letter.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@UserXYZ  Just a final thought….is the added on your account showing 100% correctly?

Edit: apologies as I didn’t see that @Linsey ghad already suggested this.

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

After a long discussion and attachments with screen captures, we found a discrepancy between what was showing on my account and what was officially registered. Problem solved now.

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

@UserXYZ  An apology to Smarty maybe as they perhaps did not warrant the description in the post title?

UserXYZ
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I forgot to mention that I had to spend several hours explaining  multiple times (with screen captures from their website and the email I received from them) what happened.

Hey  UserXYZ 

Delighted to here that this is now likely resolved

Thank you. If possible, please delete all my posts.

Hey  StuartG_2784364

I am sorry this has been your experience but I would like to assure you that your plan will not start until it has been activated. If you do need further assistance our chat team is on hand https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.