cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network coverage

MaulikP_1845203
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Hi, I've recently joined Smarty, ported my old number over, I can't seem to get any network coverage, just says emergency calls only. 

I have an android phone 

6 REPLIES 6

MSF
SMARTY Genius
SMARTY Genius

Probably worth checking that your number shows up in your app dashboard to indicate that it is active.

If there are still problems, a webchat with Support team should fix it.

Quin452
SMARTY Commentator
SMARTY Commentator

It sounds stupid, but have you turned it off and on again?  I work in tech, and sometimes it just does the trick; IIRC, I think I had the same issue when I ported my number.

Love that 'have you turned it off and on again, saying.. 😁

LOL, I keep doing that at Threes Tech  Mahindra third party Indian call centres, each time I call back though it’s the same incomplete or inaccurate script/s, that’s if the poor quality VOIP routing actually works from U.K. to India, it’s worse than a mobile phone in poor reception area (where you have a choice of using wifi calling that actually works versus Three U.K. VOIP to India!). 

JamesBo_2078503
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi it looks like I’m the same boat as you ☹️ Just switched this month,phone calls ok but I can’t even get a browser to load ( horrendous) I think I will be porting again within the next month ( luckily on a monthly basis contract) old dial up internet was quicker. Never thought a network would be as bad in this day an age. I’m currently on my home Wi-Fi 

@JamesBo_2078503  It's a shame that you cannot get a good internet speed. The plus side of Smarty is that everyone is on a monthly 'contract' and so not tied in to something that does not do the job for them.

Be assured that it is not the same everywhere - I seem to generally get sufficient browser download when I am out and require it.