cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SIM AND NUMBER NOT PROTED AFTER 3 DAYS

PriyaSo_1982020
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

As a NHS DOCTOR my phone is vital to me to work effectively with my teams.

I requested a move and port of number to smarty.

I followed all the steps.

On the day my current supplier service ended - i inserted my new sim and performed a full reset, but the smarty service is not working. Three days on - I am unable to use my phone. each day I go to the SMAR|T DASHBOARD, the date of port moves on a day. Spoken to chat teams who merely say try again at end of day or following morning. Still no smarty sim service. Spoken many times on chat escalating my issues, have been waiting for agent to respond since 8.30am this morning - now it is 11.25am. 

I know as per OFCOM - port must completed within 24hrs - thisis th eonly stick I have.

Right now I am unreachable to other Doctors/team members due to non working smarty sim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay @PriyaSo_1982020, just thought you should know. 

Anyway, community members cannot look at your account, so I believe your best option is the online web chat. The support team should be able to look at your SMARTY account and PAC request to hopefully resolve the issues.

Contact support between 8am - 8pm everyday, from https://smarty.co.uk/contact
🍀 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Sorry to hear about your number transfer and service issues.

Just letting you know @PriyaSo_1982020, that SMARTY Mobile state "SMARTY is a service that’s just for consumers and is only intended for personal use.", which is covered in the terms & conditions in sections 5.4, 5.15, and 5.16 - seems a grey area though, because does using your phone in connection with your job qualify as business use? 

#MoreMalarkey, #LessSMARTY.

Sorry - but this does not help. It is a personal phone which I choose to use for everyday life i.e. calls and data/internet access. My SIM does not permit use / data access to emails etc

Okay @PriyaSo_1982020, just thought you should know. 

Anyway, community members cannot look at your account, so I believe your best option is the online web chat. The support team should be able to look at your SMARTY account and PAC request to hopefully resolve the issues.

Contact support between 8am - 8pm everyday, from https://smarty.co.uk/contact
🍀 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Seems there've been some recent incidents whereby PAC submissions have been accepted by SMARTY Mobile, but not assigned a transfer date. 

Maybe your PAC submission was accepted without a transfer date? 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

While I do understand your frustration, it may be that you require a service which can give more guarantee to certain sectors. Does the NHS not provide communication between doctors in teams? Perhaps worth discussing with your hospital or practice admin team.

Sorry - I thought the replies where from support/moderators; I thank you for your replies.

Just so you all know - I just checked my dashboard and my latest message states " Your number transfer has been scheduled to complete by the end of day on 24/04/2023." - thats 4 days away !!
Originally stated 19th when I first signed up.
How frustrating ! Service is a complete joke from smarty who prior to last chat stated it was being escalated !

If you've got an email from SMARTY stating your port would be completed on 19-Apr-2023, sounds like SMARTY owe you several days compensation for the delay.

The OFCOM regulations are clear about porting time-scales and processes, but many service providers seemingly aren't taking OFCOM seriously, and appear to flout their rules & regulations. 

#MoreMalarkey, #LessSMARTY.