cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network not recognised when i try and make a phone call

IanSincl_248088
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

For the last couple of days, when I try to make a phone call a text box appears saying "network not recognised" and it won't dial out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

It could be a SIM card problem @IanSincl_248088
Have you removed your SIM card to check it's not broken or damaged, and is free from finger-print marks on the gold contacts?

If the SIM card looks okay, have you tried a Network Reset on your device?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

It could be a SIM card problem @IanSincl_248088
Have you removed your SIM card to check it's not broken or damaged, and is free from finger-print marks on the gold contacts?

If the SIM card looks okay, have you tried a Network Reset on your device?

Yes the sim card is fine iv checked it twice and I have also restarted my phone several times and its still saying not registered on network  I can't make or receive any calls my plan was renewed on the 5th of sep 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

Have you also tried a network status check?  https://smarty.co.uk/network-status-checker

(I'm assuming that the problem has not happened in a lot of different areas.)

ValerieK_982721
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Why is my phone saying network not recognised when I'm trying to make a phone call I also can not receive any phone calls iv check my sim twice and it is fine iv also tried to restart my phone several times today and its still not working 

@ValerieK_982721 Have you checked your Account Dashboard to see if all is well?

Can I assume that the phone is not locked to another network?

Have you done a Network Status check to see if there is any local issue?

If it persists, you will need to have a web chat with Smarty Support for them to check the system.

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

What phone you got? Could be the result of the 3G switch off and your device not supporting VoLTE.