Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Network Issues] Service Update

YulianK
SMARTY Community Manager SMARTY Community Manager
SMARTY Community Manager

Featured_Post_Service_Updates@1x.png

We are aware that a small number of customers may be experiencing issues with our network this morning.

Our engineers are working hard to fix this as soon as possible.

We are sorry if you've been impacted by this, please check back here for updates.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

DelDeeSmartE
Team SMARTY
Team SMARTY

Following yesterday’s network issue the majority of services have been fully restored. We are still observing around 1% of calls not placing correctly and our engineers are working to fully fix this. Data services are working normally. We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

The network issue has been resolved if you are still having issues please speak to our chat team for further assistance https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137

I have used 3 separate cards, all of which are okay.

I've done the web chat, raised a complaint, I've done everything.

you can't believe it is so difficult to make a payment!!

The network issue has been resolved if you are still having issues please speak to our chat team for further assistance https://smarty.co.uk/contact available daily from 8am – 8pm.

still waiting for email to confirm my email for smarty 

DavidSib_374320
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Mines been on and off every day to the point I'm losing business. Time to cancel smarty on our devices and find new. Been OK up until now 

@DavidSib_374320  Just a 'heads up' here - Smarty do not offer business plans.

https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/1112781-business-plans-with-smarty

stefani_2057845
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

It's strange that my Internet only works through your app when I click the link to buy a phone? Works great but Amazon and eBay no connection. 

NathanG_2518912
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I'm a new customer and my port has been successful but I'm still not connected to smarty 

@NathanG_2518912  Check your account dashboard - if it shows your correct number, it should work.

Perhaps you need a network reset on the phone?

KeithMe_2368841
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Still down in North East London and Essex. Only been with Smarty for 3 months but this is the 2nd time this happened. Will we be compensated? Wasn’t the first time and it is terribly inconvenient! 

@KeithMe_2368841  It isn't down everywhere (I still seem to have service). If you lose service for a day, technically you would only be entitled to a refund of the day's charge - for a £20 plan, that is about 65p

Thanks for your reply, however it is still down for me and the compensation is compensation no matter if it is only £.0.65. I’ve paid for a service I haven’t received. 🤷🏾‍♂️

@KeithMe_2368841  I'm not sure that it's reasonable to be expecting compensation instantly. Some customers seem to have had service without problem - how would the company work out who was affected that quickly?

Well you’re obviously a Smarty devotee, but this is the 2nd time in 3/4 months, I have spent a day+ without coverage. Not about the money it’s the principle. I’m sure they’d be able to identify me if I shortchanged them when paying my bill.😉

It’s incredibly inconvenient and I don’t believe I am being unreasonable. We’ll agree to disagree. I pay for a service I expect to receive it.  

RobMikrobus12
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have still no signal, it is not possible to make a call, use data and number is basically dead. Nobody answer on chat team. I hope your engineers will solve problem soon.

RobMikrobus12
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Surbiton, still no signal

RobMikrobus12
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Surbiton, network signal is back. 
thank u engineers. I will check everything again Tomorrow.

Leezey
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi I was in contact with a member of your chat team re this issue and seeing what compensation can be offered after the network came live again which wasn't before ten o clock last night so I was without a network on friday night and nearly all day on saturday so could someone please contact me regarding this thank you 

@Leezey This is the community forum, so no staff will contact you to discuss that. You will need a web chat....or wait and see if the company offer anything in the next few days. Maximum financial loss, based upon a £20 per month plan would be about £1.50.