cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Port-in Issues

PeterCo_2320933
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

In the same manner as @Jaybird I have encountered a major issue when porting my number from Vodafone to Smarty. I was told at the outset that there were "difficulties" that was going to create a delay with porting the number. Also, within 24 hours, I was advised that I would be entitled to compensation. The porting process started on October 1st and since then I have been able to dial out and can receive texts, but not receive incoming calls. I raised the issue with webchat BOT and quickly asked for it to be transferred to a human, but am pretty sure that this is just another BOT.

Yesterday I received a message that the port had been completed. Rebooting the phone 3 or 4 times has not changed anything. Still can dial out but not receive calls. The SIM card manager does not have a number attached to it. I emailed the human BOT to give them 72 hours to resolve the matter, but received a totally nonsensical reply. On the verge of making a complaint and/or closing the account - but not sure who to move to. Any suggestions on my next action?

18 REPLIES 18

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PeterCo_2320933 Any chance that your phone settings still have the random number allocated the sim when you activated it? What number do people see when you call to them?

@MSF SIM Manager has "unknown number" against the Smarty SIM. Calling out, people see my correct number - and always have, even while porting was in progress. Callers get number unobtainable when dialing me.

T1BBO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, did this ever get sorted as I am having the same problem

T1BBO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, did this ever get sorted as I am having the same problem for 3 days

@T1BBO  I don't know because I don't work for Smarty. Looks like nobody else has answered your here unfortunately. People rarely come back to report when things go well - they far prefer to moan when things are bad.

MarkAshf_131832
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am also having a problem, I ported in my existing number and it worked for an hour, now it says no sim, Smarty say they're waiting for some files from my old provider, my old provider say its all completed successfully, none of the sims work and now I have no phone access, it's been 3 days and Smarty just say we'll let you know when it's working... anyone got a suggestion what I can do if they both blaim each other? 

@MarkAshf_131832 I am stuck as well. Switched my number over from giffgaff to Smarty. Smarty web chat agents keep telling that old provider is not providing files. I can't understand how can they have same problem with every service provider. Has the problem resolved for you? Did you complain to Ofcom?

I spoke to both providers and the old one said its all fine at our end says completed, smarty said its the other end... yesterday I tried a different sim in my phone (a friend's smarty) just to see if it was my handset or a configuration issue. Their sim had the same issue... a little more digging and it seems in my sim manager all sim slots are disabled. This is impossible as it will only let you save the settings with at least one enabled. So I enabled it and it worked. I'm assuming smarty pushed an invalid configuration on port maybe(?) but its up and running for me, maybe something you could check in your phone settings/sim manager

I am also in this situation, can you explain how I can investigate my sim manager, I am on iPhone XR my number appears correctly on outgoing calls Aldo but also nothing incoming, texts in and out all ok. Smarty blaming Lyca, Lyca insist all is done their end. 

Hi, did this ever get sorted as I am having the same problem for days now

Hi, did this ever get sorted as I am having the same problem for days

PeterCo_2320933
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@MarkAshf_131832under current rules, it is the receiving carrier who has total responsibility for ensuring they have all records and paperwork. So, your problem is all down to Smarty and they shouldn't be pointing fingers

RajniRu_2328505
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

@PeterCo_2320933  I am in the same situation. I ported from giffgaff to Smarty and it's been pending from 6th October. Smarty is saying they are waiting for files from giffgaff. Something they seem to say to everyone. Did it finally happen for you? Have you filed a complaint against Smarty with Ofcom? Any advice you can give would be great.

Oh dear. My porting didn't happen on 1st November. I was told by Karan on the web chat same reasons as you, and others in this forum - it is becoming clear quite rapidly that the responses are scripted - awaiting files, problem is at the other end, etc. I am now fearful the port will be a disaster, and I'm already regretting my decision to switch to Smarty. If porting hasn't taken place already, can it be stopped? Might be a better option than being stuck, or getting split porting, or losing old phone number. This is horrible.

Did this ever get sorted?

Hi, did this ever get sorted as I am having the same problem for over 3 days now

PeterCo_2320933
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

@RajniRu_2328505Complete failure as far as I am concerned. I gave them 72 hours from last Thursday to provide a solution. Activity on Sunday meant they gained a further 24 hours but as of this morning there is the same problem still present. So, I'm off to yet another provider and hope they get it right. I haven't yet, but will complain to Ofcomm as I believe the service I have received has been appaling

T1BBO
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Hi, did this ever get sorted as I am having the same problem for over 3 days