cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smarty account

JadeHol_1800880
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

Can I give my account to someone else if I no longer want it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey! 🤙

A change of ownership is not possible. While you can modify banking details, address, and email, the account holder's name will remain the same.

If someone desires to have an account in their own name, they must go through the sign-up process separately. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@JadeHol_1800880,

I'm not sure if there are any Terms & Conditions that preclude this.

Assuming there isn't, you'd obviously need to change the payment details, email and other contact addresses/information to the person your giving the SIM/Account to.  Without the changes, you'd still be seen as legally liable for anything that may be done with the account.

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hey! 🤙

A change of ownership is not possible. While you can modify banking details, address, and email, the account holder's name will remain the same.

If someone desires to have an account in their own name, they must go through the sign-up process separately. 

wixfordhall
SMARTY Observer
SMARTY Observer

No you cant do this because the name would be changed and the contract is in the name of the original user and may not be transferred.   A bit annoying eh!!

LeeScot_2385646
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My account was up for renewal on the 5th and I have paid it now its saying it's up for renewal today y

@LeeScot_2385646 The main point is - does the phone work? If it is working, ignore what it says on the app or website. If it isn't working, web chat with Support Team.