Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Voicemail function

Banjo
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Hey everyone!

I recently signed up to Smarty, all ok so far, however, when I receive a voicemail I get a text message from Smarty informing me there is a voicemail and to call the number in the text to listen to the voicemail. That's all well and good but with my previous mobile provider and as Apple have designed it, voicemails should appear in the voicemail tab within the phone app on my iPhone. I used to see the voicemails in a list and could play them from there, fast forward, rewind etc. 

Is there a way to set this up to work again with Smarty? I can't find any info on the help pages anywhere or in this community? Any help would be super cool.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

SMARTY don’t offer visual voicemail.  Some of the UK operators have it now, Sky, O2, Vodafone etc… I asked the same question, and you search this forum you’ll see the response, that there are no plans to introduce it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_T
SMARTY Teamster
SMARTY Teamster

SMARTY don’t offer visual voicemail.  Some of the UK operators have it now, Sky, O2, Vodafone etc… I asked the same question, and you search this forum you’ll see the response, that there are no plans to introduce it.

Thanks so much for your help. I had wondered if it just wasn't a service Smarty provide. Thanks for confirming. 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Although SMARTY don't support visual voicemail, apps are available for this, such as Google Voice, InstaVoice, YouMail, et cetera.

HI, thanks for taking time to help answer my question. Are Google Voice, InstaVoice, YouMail, etc. apps/services that can be made to work with Smarty voicemail? I'm not familiar with them. I guess I should have a look online. Thanks again.

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

I believe so @Banjo, although I don't have experience using any of these apps. 

I'm happy getting an SMS alert when I've got a SMARTY voicemail.