cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International data

HowardMi_583834
SMARTY Rookie
SMARTY Rookie

I will be touring France for the next 10 weeks and I know that my existing contract entitles me to 12GB of data but is there an add on where I can buy more international roaming data? I am not interested in calls or txt.

6 REPLIES 6

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@HowardMi_583834,

If you go to your "add-ons" in your Dashboard, you'll find  option to buy £5, £10 or £15 add-ons.  Although it mentions calls or texts, you can also use this for data as well.

Not having used them yet I'm not sure if you can pre-load a number of these onto your account, or not.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Yes, you can pre-load a number of add ins, then convert them to your account balance of unused. This is what  I did for my recent trip to Phoenix.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@HowardMi_583834  Take a look at : https://cdn.smarty.co.uk/files/SMARTY-Price-Guide.pdf

Page 16 - you can buy a one day or three day EU Roaming Pass if you exceed 12Gb..

Don't forget that ,if you are away for 10 weeks, you are only permitted to use EU Roaming for 60 days anyway and so you may then end up with your account stopping functioning - you would receive an email to warn you about what happens well before that.

It sounds as though Smarty don't have a solution for me and I would be better buying a pay as you go sim from a French Mobile Provider. 

@HowardMi_583834  Peut être monsieur.

You could certainly use up to 12Gb for the first two months, but as I say you may get an email warning that they will not permit further roaming use. You could have a web chat with Support Team to verify what their stance will be.

Bon chance!

If you have an eSIM compatible phone, have a look at travel eSIMs from the likes of Airalo, Holafly, Sparks and others, which you can set up in the UK before your trip, and then just switch your data to the travel eSIM when you reach France, this saves you having to find a mobile phone shop, newsagent etc at the airport or on the road in France.