cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Number not ported correctly

DavidFr_2847745
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I am getting desperate. I switched from Vodafone to Smarty about 8 weeks ago and ported my number using the PAC code Vodafone gave me. Since then I have been able to receive some calls but not others. However the most important factors are the following. 

I don't seem to receive SMS. I certainty haven't been able to receive vital 2fa verification texts from the following:

My bank!, eBay, life360, X.

My elderly father has been blocked from calling me and texting me. 

I have had a weekend of back and forth with customer services where I have been told to restart my device several times which has not made any difference. 

I can make calls and receive some but these vital lines of communication are closed at the moment and I am getting desperate. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DavidFr_2847745  Then it's the complaint as I suggested, I think.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@DavidFr_2847745 Hard too say exactly the nature of the problem.

If you are not getting sufficient help via the web chat, then perhaps raise it as a complaint as this will reach further up the 'food chain' in Smarty. Just wondering if there is an element of a split port involved.

Can't see why your father would be blocked from calling you - perhaps he needs to have your number removed from contacts and then put back in afresh. Also check that he has not accidentally put you in as a blocked contact.

We've tried all that. The trouble is my family mainly use WhatsApp to contact each other so the problem didn't come to light till recently. I then discovered that another person couldn't call me. Some can some can't. The biggest problem is the verification messages that are part of 2fa. none of then come through. 

Also, I can ring my dad. He just can't ring me. 

@DavidFr_2847745  Then it's the complaint as I suggested, I think.

Thank you. I’ve done that. I’m still getting turn it off and on again messages from customer services. 

WelshPaul
SMARTY Centurion
SMARTY Centurion

This is likely the result of a split port. First, you need to identify what network people who have issues calling you are with.

Rimal
SMARTY Enquirer
SMARTY Enquirer

I feel for you - It's nearly 3 weeks since my port was supposed to occur yet i can't make calls / sms  and don't receive them.

All i get from the useless customer service is try to restart my phone or try in another phone.

They refuse to listen that the problem is at their end.

@Rimal  I have replied on your other post. You may indeed be suffering a split port if things are not working (and it may not be all Smarty's fault either!)