PaulMcH_1647813
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

Can my Smarty sim be used in Dubai 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @PaulMcH_1647813 and welcome to the SMARTY Community! You can indeed use your SIM in Dubai, but this would cost - if you click through this link you will find all pricing, add-ons and set-up information you would need before you go. United Arab Emirates | SMARTY

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

George
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

Hi @PaulMcH_1647813 and welcome to the SMARTY Community! You can indeed use your SIM in Dubai, but this would cost - if you click through this link you will find all pricing, add-ons and set-up information you would need before you go. United Arab Emirates | SMARTY

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Hi @PaulMcH_1647813, yes you can use your Smarty service whilst abroad there, just make sure that your APN settings are correct and you'll need to purchase an 'out of plan' add-on (cash credit) in order to pay for calls and texts. As mentioned by @George the costs are in the link (it's like around £1.00 per MB, calls at £2.50/min!!!)

Personally when I've been in Dubai I've just used a local SIM from 'du' or 'etisalat' - they do various tourist plans where you pay upfront and they last for 28 days. You can pick up a SIM in the airport when you land or in nearby shops. They also offer an eSIM (@JJP2 😱!!) for a small extra fee incase you require that for your phone.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Hey @PaulMcH_1647813 

eSIMs are the future 😂

If you follow the SMARTY forums you will see that nobody at SMARTY seems to be indicating eSIMs will be available at all.   This is a tragic situation and blends in annoying well with the poor support of eSIM by most of the UK telecoms carriers.       I never recommend SMARTY to any international friend visiting the UK for that reason.  Especially US users arriving with iPhones which dont now have physical SIM slots.  Hmm.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

Just for you @jassingh The eSIMs I have used on previous travels 😂

Obviously, my Smarty SIM is a physical SIM card

IMG_1052.jpeg

jassingh
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

Hahaha @JJP2 you are quite the eSIM afficionado I thought you were! 😂

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

😂😂😂

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@PaulMcH_1647813  Yes it can but you will need to add credit to your account in order to pay for all calls,texts, data. Please take a look at the Price Guide for details of charges.

You also need to change the APN setting in your phone or device to mob.asm.net as a one off change.