cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dirty tactics by smarty

Lukefowler777
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

i found smarty unlimited data for £16 per month on a comparison site, smarty would not let me have it, i then found hidden in the ts and cs that it is for new customers only, that is unethical, it seems like LOALTY DOES NOT PAY!

7 REPLIES 7

Strandloper
SMARTY Motivator
SMARTY Motivator

@Lukefowler777,

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is happening more often in all areas of life. For example insurance premiums (particularly car insurance) goes up, but offers are available to new customers that are below those of existing customers.

The "old" idea of looking after existing customers is becoming increasingly rare, making it prudent to shop around on a regular basis, and change as we feel is needed.

It may seem unethical to many, but for better or worse, is perfectly within current legislation.  It would be nice to be in a world where all are given a fair price for what they get.

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

This is not a tactic that’s exclusive to Smarty, Car Insurance, House Insurance and mobile phone companies have been offering deals to new customers for years.

 
Existing customers pay more 

IMG_0566.jpeg

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

JJP2
SMARTY Pro-coach
SMARTY Pro-coach

It may well be. 

I guess the difficulty is proving it, unless the likes of Trading Standards or BBC Watchdog do an investigation. 

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@Lukefowler777  This seems quite unusual. If you see a deal on Smarty's website and are already a customer, they will usually honour it for you. You do have to contact them via web chat to request it.

Have you formally been refused the deal?

i found the deal on kens tech tips, when i tried to buy it smarty just took me to my dashboard and no new plan added, the terms and conditions say for new customers only

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

Unfortunately @Lukefowler777, this is a sign-of-the-times.

Loyal customers aren't rewarded for their loyalty any longer - it seems you've got to chop-and-change to keep getting the 'best deals'.

Many companies seem to rely on customer inertia, and appear more interested in acquiring new customers than looking after loyal customers.