cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t dial some numbers

Cracked_Actor
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I have just switched to Smarty and now I can no longer call my landline. Yesterday on my old sim it was fine but not today, everyone else in my household can call the landline but on smarty it does not let me. I can call other landline numbers. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution?

8 REPLIES 8

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

You should probably contact the support team via online web chat, so someone can take a look at your SMARTY account @Cracked_Actor.

The online SMARTY web chat is open 8am - 8pm daily.
Sign-in to your online dashboard, and look for the web chat icon in the bottom right of your screen.
🍀

Thanks I tried this but the solutions they offered were poor, I’ll give webchat another try tomorrow.

You could ask to speak to the team supervisor, if the web chat agent is just repeating the same solutions.

The agents often seem to be reading from a script, which may or may not be relevant to the issue you're trying to solve. 

Have they suggested a Network Reset?
🍀

Thanks, they suggested a network reset but that didn’t work. They are now looking into this but I suspect they will tell me it’s an issue with my phone which it isn’t. I can call this number on my phone using an EE sim. So the problem must be with the Smarty Sim.

If it's just one number - your home landline - not working, I suppose the things going wrong could be:

• Your SMARTY account
  • Your SMARTY SIM card
  • A mobile to landline network routing issue

Did you transfer your number to SMARTY? 
Have you deleted the contact information on your phone for your home landline?

I had a similar issue with a single landline with another service provider. Ironically, when I switched to SMARTY my problem was solved.

Thanks for this. I did transfer my number so I imagine it is a problem with the account or the SIM card. I have tried the SMARTY SIM in a couple of other phones and the same thing happens - so there is no issue with my phone, waiting to hear back from SMARTY.

I have the same problem, 'couldn't connect' to a particular landline number. 

@Cracked_Actor  Really not sure if this will help, but here goes........Are you dealing the home number with +44 in front, or is it stored that way in contacts?

I realise that this is a bit 'left-field', but if it works.........