cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being asked if i want to keep new smarty number or transfer old number after 9 months

ben1
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

I don't want to select wrong option and lose my number but I need to select an option and confirm choice to get rid of this question on my dashboard. 

I've been with SMARTY since September 2023. I moved my number from previous provider with me. Now my dashboard has a box saying: we noticed you activated your sim. Do you want to bring your phone number to SMARTY?

Option 1: yes bring my number. We will bring your number by end of day on 08/07/2024

Option 2: no keep new SMARTY number.  You can bring your number later from account settings.

I'm worried either option might be wrong and lose me my number. I already brought my number, so what number would they be bringing under option 1. And I want to keep my existing smarty number which is the number I already brought. Which option to pick?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ben1  It does sound like a glitch.

As we are community forum members like you, we cannot access accounts.

I think that you need to web chat with Smarty Support and explain very clearly that you are happy with the number on your sim and have already ported in a number when you joined. I've just checked and my dashboard does not contain any such box.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ben1  It does sound like a glitch.

As we are community forum members like you, we cannot access accounts.

I think that you need to web chat with Smarty Support and explain very clearly that you are happy with the number on your sim and have already ported in a number when you joined. I've just checked and my dashboard does not contain any such box.

ben1
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Thanks @MSF good to get your perspective. I will chat to SMARTY Support like you suggested 👍

MN_1869851
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I'm having this issue too. Good to know how it goes? Did you get to keep your number? 

ben1
SMARTY Maverick
SMARTY Maverick

Just to give you all an update @MN_1869851  @MSF 

I eventually contacted the chat support on the website and after they asked me to log out and log back in and I informed them I had the issue for 5 months, they went to another team, did some technical stuff and then when I logged out and back in again it was fixed and not there.

MSF
SMARTY Guru
SMARTY Guru

@ben1  Good news! Glad it worked out for you.