cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling

AlanBri_1409629
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

I have a moto g31 which does not appear on Smarty's list of supported phones for Wifi calling but an older model moto g does. Wifi calling is supported on the moto g31. When will smarty be extending wifi calling to newer phones?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

We are working on supporting all devices we just do not have a timeframe on this sadly, however, there have been occasions where people have managed to use SMARTY or Wi-Fi calling on a device that was not on our list 😎

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Linsey
SMARTY Moderator SMARTY Moderator
SMARTY Moderator

We are working on supporting all devices we just do not have a timeframe on this sadly, however, there have been occasions where people have managed to use SMARTY or Wi-Fi calling on a device that was not on our list 😎

Iandis
SMARTY Pioneer
SMARTY Pioneer

My OnePlus is compatible with Wifi Calling and works on another carrier but not on Smarty. I have a poor,one bar signal on Smarty, could this be preventing Wifi Calling activating? 

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

What signal strength did you get with the other network service provider, at your location, allowing the Wi-Fi Calling service to work with your OnePlus device @Iandis?  

Only had one bar on other service provider, I just popped that SIM in, only one bar again that comes and goes but WiFi Calling comes on immediately so problem with Smarty SIM is probably not the phone,router or network. Bit puzzled and I don't want to go with other provider

Chalkychap
SMARTY Trendsetter
SMARTY Trendsetter

You'll need one of the following OnePlus models, otherwise SMARTY don't (currently) support the Wi-Fi Calling service:

7 / 7T / 7Pro
8 5G / 8 Pro 5G
9 Pro
10 Pro
Nord CE / Nord 5G

It's a OnePlus 10R so Smarty will have to go...thanks for info. It's a pity as both SIMs use 3 network,,,,